|• chapter - 26 •|

'Move it there and keep it on the first stair.'

'No! No! It should go like this. Not like this!'

'Oh this looks good. Wait- what flowers are you using?'

'Armaaaan! Stop eating the mithai (type of sweet) it's for the guests'

'What are you doing here? I told you to put them there then decorate the rest of the area!'

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed into my pillow. Dhum! What is going on? Am I in a freaking warzone?! I grabbed one of the pillows I threw down while I was sleeping and placed then on my head trying my best not to lose my precious sleep.

'Oh Allah! Why did you bring this here? Armaaaaaan!' I heard mom yelling from downstairs and I jumped out of bed, ripping the door from its hinges and almost collided with a woman carrying a big basket full of flowers on her head.

"Sorry!" I apologized moving out of her way and going down.

"Oh Annaya! Finally you woke up. Do you know how much work we have to do? Your brother can't do it since it's his wedding. Anyways quickly grab those flowers and decorate the swing." She said while doing something with the cake that I have no idea when or how she made it.

"Swing? Wait, what swing?" I asked curiously. We never owned any type of swing. Sure we had the bunker chair and all but never a swing. Did she get a swing for the event? Oh my god.

"Over there honey. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Scoot!" She said and pushed past me to complete some other work.

'Oh god this is going to be a LONG day.' I thought and went back up in my room to tidy it up.

Little did I know how these days would turn out to be so venturesome.

●●●

It was almost 4 PM and I was still in my monster truck pjs and a blue shirt with my hair collected in a messy bun, running around the house, doing different stuff. My stomach grumbled as I placed the last set of flowers near the dhol (drum).

"Wow, look at you. Oh can you get me that tissue Annaya?" Armaan bhai said snickering to himself. I passed him the tissue and sat down beside him to drink water but befor I could pour it out, he spoke again.

"Oh, can you get me that plate? I'm hungry." I got up again and gave him what he asked for. I poured out the water with a sigh and brought it up to my lips but again he spoke and now, I was going to kill him.

"Annaya please pass me the salt?" He said making a innocent face that I wanted to scratch.

"OH MY GOD. STOP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY—"

"Annaya why are you shouting?" Mum interrupted from behind and I closed my eyes taking deep breaths before unleashing the reason of my beastliness.

"Mum–"

"Yes go, Manaal was actually calling you. Pick her up and take your dresses to get ready at her house. I'll send the driver to pick you up at 7." Mum ordered and I left with a nod but didn't forget to stick my tongue out at my grumbling brother who was more than eager to see his bride. I hate to say this but I pitied him and I- I could somehow understand him now. And this scared me.