|• Chapter - 8 •|

The joy is never produced. It is only released from the prison of sadness.
                                         -badkitten146

Smiling when I entered the house, it felt really, really quite

Smiling when I entered the house, it felt really, really quite. That's odd, it didn't get this quite even when I was giving my 3rd year exam of medicine, I thought, walking further inside.

"Helllooo", I said loudly but no reply came. Climbing up the stairs I checked the rooms but they were all empty.

I went to Armaan Bhai's (brother's ) room to check it, but before I could open it I heard a sound in the kitchen. Ok this is weird, what if there was someone in the house other than me? Or what if there's a ghost and what if it tries to kill me? What will I protect myself with? Oh yeah right, there's no such thing as ghost. Uhhh, I should've called first. I tried calming myself but it was of no use because the house was so freaking scary right now!

You know sometimes you scare yourself by thinking of something bad like 'what if there's a demon or something behind me ?!' because I'm doing the exact same thing right now.

Taking a deep breath and calming my abnormal heart beat, I turned and screamed my organs out when I saw someone, more like manaal with her freaking hair all over the place.

"What the actual hell ?!", I yelled at her as she doubled over on the floor, laughing like a maniac and then Bhai and mom came out laughing too.

"Oh my god-god, you-you...." She tried speaking but again started laughing uncontrollably. Classic manaal.

After what felt like ages, she finally calmed down and began to tell me about her so-called 'prank'.

"....and that's when we all hid behind the cupboard near the storage room and scared you. You should've seen your face annaya...oh my god...hahahaha..." She once again, started laughing beside me along with my family.
"Very funny, well, I'm tired and so I'm off to bed. Goodnight people !" I said scowling at her and turned around to walk out but of course Manaal decided to join me there too. Great, I thought and rolling my eyes I went upstairs.

I don't think manaal is mature. She really isn't. You know why I think this? Because for instance, right now, she's filling her mouth with marshmallows and making me play 'chubby-bunny'. It's a very interesting and fun game where we have to idiotically fill our mouths full with marshmallows and then say something while the other person has to guess what they just said. I'm not complaining about the game, because let's be honest, it's not bad but what I feel bad about is that you don't get to enjoy the heavenly feeling of eating marshmallows instead you just devour them like a beast without appreciating them. That's a crime in my opinion and I shall punish her with a pillow fight.

Taking action according to my evil genius plan, I grabbed a pillow(the hardest one) and slammed it into manaal's face. The look of disbelief that passed her face, didn't go unnoticed by me and I ended up on the floor, cluching my stomach and laughing while manaal tried to swallow her marshmallows.