|• chapter - 15 •|

S H E H R Y A R

The rain was pouring down today aswell. Almost a day passed by but nothing seemed to have changed. I opened my umbrella and headed out of the car towards the hospital gate when something on my left caught my eye. There she stood under the shed looking worried. Something in me twisted and I wanted to go and ask her if everything was okay but I didn't. "I would never choose you..." her voice rang in my mind again. The same sentence had been going on in my head for so long, I felt like I was slowly drowning in it when it shouldn't even concern me.

The day before yesterday,

"WE NEED A DOCTOR OVER HERE!!!" The paramedics had shouted. Annaya just stood there without doing anything and many were watching this. A few interns beside me decided to go and help her but I motioned them not to. It wasn't that I was trying to make her feel embarrassed and all but it was the opposite.  I wanted her to do it herself. I wanted her to trust herself and I wasn't wrong. Soon she found a way to save the patient's life and that too through a way no one had thought off.

I was very very proud and I found the perfect opportunity to apologize. I dragged her with me on a case and asked her to help me. She made the 'I wish I could kill you' face but nonetheless agreed to it and oh when she glared at that officer holding the kid down, I gulped. She was not someone to be messed with. Her demeanor completely shifted when she looked at the boy and a voice so gentle and caring, the complete opposite of what it was a few seconds ago. The kid liam surprisingly agreed. I was happy but then I realized she wasn't even acknowledging me and I fought with her again.

I wanted to punch myself but the words that came out of her mouth later on only made me loose myself more. I went away without a word and later when she came to say something I threw the same words she used prior to our little encounter.

"Ah just the man I was looking for, Dr.Shehryar. you're a sight for sore eyes." Dr. Nadia came beside me as I looked away from the shed.

"Of course. How can I help, Dr.Nadia?" I asked while trying to figure out a way to get Annaya from under that shed. Remind me, why am I worried again?

"I have no favor to ask but to simply tell you that Dr.Hassan has an important announcement to make so you better get your interns and come into the conference room. Like now!" She retorted and I smiled widely. Perfect! I will fetch Annaya for this reason, I decided but halted when I saw her crossing the path with one of my other interns, Ali, sharing an umbrella. They were both laughing and talking while pointing at something.
"I will never choose you..."

"Do you hear me?!", Dr. Nadia said and I couldn't keep my anger in me anymore. I whirled around and without a word, dashed out of there.

Why? Why would I be feeling like this? What the heck is wrong with me?! Am I insane or something? What the hell Shehryar? I yelled as my pager beeped. Ughhhhh!!! I let out a frustrated sigh and stormed off telling the nurse to get the interns and send them to the conference room, right now. Believe me, she scrambled away the minute she saw how angry I was. I couldn't believe I was this angry. I don't remember being this angry since... that day... Told you, Annaya has always had some kind of affect on me.

A N N A Y A

"So, I have been of help to you. Will you help me please?" Ali said as I walked with him to the hospital entrance.

"I don't know what to get enaas for her birthday. I mean I want to buy something but I mean it should be good but–" he babbled as I laughed but my eyes caught Dr.Shehryar staring straight at me across the glass door and I felt like someone punched me in the gut. He turned and dashed out of there as I fastened my pace. Not caring about getting wet, I rushed inside to reach Dr.Shehryar, the need to explain and apologize getting the best of me. He closed his office door as I caught a glimpse of him frustrated.