The Confession

The pair continue to kiss until Lucy needs to take a breath.

Lucy POV:
I'm so happy in this moment, I pray that it'll never stop but I know it must so I stop but Laxus decides that he wants more. I know he wants this but I need to catch my breath so I decide to tell him this. I faintly mumble "stop" but he takes no notice of this and I'm suddenly filled with rage. "Stop...
Stop.... please stop" again nothing stops. So I decide to back away and shout "Stop! Natsu! stop I need to....." I suddenly realise that I've said the wrong name but before I can explain Laxus has already slammed the door on me. My perfect moment has just shattered into tiny pieces. I have no romantic feelings for Natsu so why did I call his name? I suppose I just automatically associate stop with Natsu after all his unrelenting teasing but that doesn't make this situation any better. I get up and run after Laxus.

Laxus POV:

I guess my worst fears have come true. Blondie and Natsu have feelings for each other but I don't want this to get to me so I've decided to declare war on Natsu. A war to win Blondie's heart. I know what I want and what I want is Blondie wait let me rephrase I want to be Lucy Heartfilia's true love. I can feel myself losing control of my rationality but I don't want to look back in regret so I decide to follow my heart for once. I see the Salamanders house in the distance and I unknowingly fill with courage and I'm reassured in my decision to follow my heart. I'm not going to show any sign of anger so I politely knock on his door and it only takes a couple of seconds before Natsu answers. To my surprise he tells me to come in and offers me a glass of newly brewed herbal tea. I take a seat and Natsu brings the tea, I take a sip and my face fills with disgust but nevertheless I tell him it's good. Natsu questions my presence at his home and I stand up and proudly say "I love Lucy Heartfilia and I've decided to compete with you for her heart." Natsu blankly stares at me for a moment before he readjusts his attention to the door so I do the same and I notice a silhouette. Blondie opens the door and I'm not sure if she heard me or not but a reassuring hug from her assures me that she did.
Lucy POV:

Laxus' confession has sent my heart racing to the point where I have become unable to rationalise so I run in and hug him and I decide to ask a serious question. "Laxus, will you be my boyfriend?" I shyly whisper. Laxus picks me up and I wrap my legs tightly around his waist and we resume our previous passionate kiss, with every second causing my tongue to further explore his mouth. We separate with heavy breathing between us both and Laxus lustfully replies "of course, my love" both of us unaware of the jealous Natsu in the background.

A/N: I wonder what the future holds for Lalu, let's hope there isn't any trouble in paradise anytime soon.