Ch 13 | Meet in the middle?

P.o.v. Yanida Clover

"The Fairy Tail team has finished its reorganization, and we're about to begin the battle part of day four! The first match is Blue Pegasus versus Quatro Puppy!" the commentator introduced the battle part of the day, "The second match is Mermaid Heel versus Lamia Scale! The third match is Sabertooth versus Fairy Tail, and here comes the new Fairy Tail team". I cheered as loud as I could from the stands when Gray, Erza, Natsu, Gajeel and Laxus entered the arena. Their expressions made it sure to everyone that nobody will stand in Fairy Tail's way to victory, to avenge Lucy and Wendy, to let everyone know that Fairy Tail will not bow to anyone.

I think it's a bummer that I'm not in the new Fairy Tail team, but even I can't deny that the strongest members of our guild are standing in the arena. And I am sure that they are going to win it, it's just a matter of time. In the meantime, the first battle ended and surprisingly Blue Pegasus won, no thanks to that blue bunny, who was actually an exceed that looked like Ichiya. It wasn't as eventful in the fighting department, to be honest.

Which couldn't be said about the next battle. Especially Kagura and Lyon were very strong wizards. But together with their partner, fighting like a team enhancing each other's weaknesses and having each other's back. It's really intense to see, it looks like a very complicated dance, maybe a dance-off. I giggled slightly imagining rogue and sting dancing together, its comedy gold.

Thinking of them showing their dance-moves I subconsciously looked at them in their booth. When I realised that I was looking, I also noticed that Rogue was watching me, it seemed like there was something on his mind. And rather than invading it, I choose to send him another telepathic message: 'Care to meet in the middle?' I also send him an image of a place in the stands, in the back. I think I saw him nod, but I wasn't entirely sure of it, either way, I excused myself and went to the place. Just because Laxus tells me to not see him, or any Sabertooth member for that matter, doesn't mean I have to listen. I'm a really good judge of character and the feeling I get from Rogue doesn't give me any reason to stay away from him, on the contrary!

At the moment Mermaid Heel seemed to be on the winning hand even when Kagura wasn't really helping and I arrived at the place. "I'm surprised you're not in the new Fairy Tail team." I heard Rogue's quiet voice coming from behind me. I turned my head to my left, and there he was standing casual beside me watching the battle. "Yeah, I'm not stronger than either one of the others that are in the team," I told him honestly. "I don't know about that", he told me and a little grin appeared on his face, "but I also don't know that for certain." He told me raising his eyebrows. When he stands this close to me, he needs to lower his head to look me in the eyes.

"You just want to know what I'm able to do with my magic," I said, looking up to him with a knowing smile. He couldn't suppress a small laugh, letting me know that I was right. "We can always have a little fight after this day's battles. Assuming you're not too beaten up." I tried to provoke him a bit. Milianna just did a powerful move that trapped Lyon and Yuka in some kind of magic ropes. "It's cute that you assume Fairy Tail is going to win." He responded untouched. "I'm a 100% sure Natsu and Gajeel are going to win.", "You never saw Sting and me together in a fight, so what makes you so sure?" he asked me interested for what my answer would be, totally ignoring the fight.

The battle between Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale developed even further and it was all out war in the arena, but the time was almost up and neither teams seemed too willing to give in. "It's because they need it more," I told him determined, looking up in Rogue's eyes. Doing just that, made me hold my breath for several seconds, a strange feeling that left me puzzled when the commentator announced the ending of the battle.

"And the time is over! This battle ends in a tie. This fight was even better than I could ever imagine! Next up are Sting and Rogue from Sabertooth and Natsu and Gajeel from Fairy Tail! Four dragon slayers in one arena, how will this match unfold?" Chapati announced barely containing his excitement. I shook my head and got myself back together hearing Chapati through the Lacrima loudspeakers. "I hope you're not going to be a sore loser", I chimed and grinned when I walked away from him back to the cheering booth, making sure my medallions were clearly hearable.

-------------------------------------------

The battle between the dragon slayers of Sabertooth and Fairy Tail destroyed the battle arena completely. And I must say that even though I had complete trust in Natsu and Gajeel, I doubted they would win for several minutes during the fight. But they did not disappoint, or should I say Natsu didn't. Thinking of that moment during the battle made me laugh out loud while walking to the infirmary of Sabertooth.

'Is it a good idea to visit Rogue when he's in the same room as Sting?' I thought making me doubt my actions again. 'I will only go in when Sting is asleep, and there is nobody else in the room.' And that were the conditions that I will hold myself on. Secretly I do hope that Sting is awake, so I have a good excuse for myself. It's just going to be so awkward, what is Rogue going to think of me?

I was ten steps away from the door, and I tried to concentrate. From what I can sense, Sting was asleep and the only other presence is from Rogue himself. Now I have to enter, I took one step forward but that was all. I looked at the ground and rubbed the back of my neck, uneasy for what I wanted to do but couldn't find the courage for. But I sensed another presence in the room, one that's less noticeable and I had a surprised look on my face. It' coming through the door, I have to hide somewhere!

I hid in a dark corner behind a pillar, I could see who will be passing through the door. After a couple of seconds, I saw ... Frosch leave the infirmary, he was looking around trying to find something. I also was looking around trying to find what on earth he was trying to see, but when I locked eyes with the little green exceed his face lit up a little. He walked carefree up to me and stopped right in front of me; "Rogue says that you can come inside if you want."

Did Frosch just..? I looked left and right trying to get myself together. This was totally not what I was expecting to come out the exceeds mouth. But after a while, I smiled defeated and closed my eyes feeling busted. Somehow I just know Rogue was also smiling, feeling victorious.

-------------------A N------------------
It's still Thursday! :)