Ch 9 | A cowardy dead wish

P.o.v. Rogue Cheney

After Sting got dressed in a record time of twenty seconds, we left for the entrance hall. "Who the hell is it?!" Sting asked me. "Fairy Tail, they must not be expecting to leave here alive!" I replied to him when we ran as fast as we could. In front of us, a wall exploded firing a guild member into the air.

From the second floor we looked down, Natsu and Yanida were fighting at least twenty members each. They looked like they returned from hell itself. "WHERE IS YOUR MASTER!" Natsu demanded, sending a guy in the air. We couldn't believe our eyes, what were they doing here, demanding to see the master. Have they even thought about this beforehand, it's reckless and stupid! Sting and I took the stairs to the ground level, watching the fight.

"You have business with me, kids?" Master Jiemma asked standing tall in front of the two fairies. Natsu answered: "Are you the master here? I hear you kicked someone out for losin' once?" Natsu chuckled in a dangerous way ", That gets me all fired up! In that case, if you lose to me, you're outta this guild!" Natsu declared looking our master dead in the eye. Yanida herself lost all the kindness in her face and looked like she could tear apart a demon without breaking a sweat.

"Are you serious, kid?" the master asked not impressed by the two. "Anybody who doesn't think of their guild members as friends is on my list!" Natsu stated demanding respect. Wait, is he talking about Yukino? That's no concern to them, she isn't in their guild. Why would they attack us just for that?

"I don't know what you're talking about, but you will need to prove yourself. Dobengal, deal with him!" Master demanded. "You don't know what I'm talking about?" Natsu asked seemingly more furious than before.

Dobengal came to the master's side and wanted to attack Natsu. But Yanida kicked him to the ground, Natsu didn't even blink: "You're avoiding me?" he asked the master.

Yanida stood in front of one of our 10 strongest fighters and grinned. "I, Dobengal, am not taking part in the Grand Magic Games," He changed position and crouched behind Natsu ", but when it comes to skill, I'm just as strong as any of the participants here." He transported in the air and went for Natsu again throwing smoke bombs, to then fire light spikes at his feet.

"You talk too much," Yanida said not even raising her voice, but everyone could hear her loud and clear. Dobengal made a lance of colourful light and went for Yanida, clearly insulted by her cold remark. She looked him dead in the eye and when he would have hit her, she quickly took a step back, jumped in the air and hit him with a butterfly kick. Drilling Dobengal several feet into the ground.

Sting walked forward and offered to take care of Natsu and Yanida himself but the master declined. Natsu took his chance and went all out kicking, punching him as hard as he could. I never saw that surprised expression on our master's face before.

It looked like Natsu would throw his strongest punch yet: "Firing Hammer of the lightning Flame Dragon!" there was a big explosion and I noticed Yanida raising her eyebrows and shielding herself from the debris. When the smoke cleared, Minerva stood in the middle of everything, she prevented the attack on her father.

P.o.v. Yanida Clover

Minerva looked at us like a cat looks at her prey. I decided right now; I can't stand that woman! She tries to make a deal with us, letting us off without any consequences. "What do you think?" she asked us. "If you do, I'll return this kitten to you unharmed.

My eyes went big, Natsu and I screamed Happy's name at the same time. He was all tied up and crying rivers, that wretch! "I'm sorry Natsu!" Happy cried out of despair, I clenched my fists trying to keep my cool.

Minerva demanded that we left when she released Happy, and we would act as if we had manners. We didn't answer but it was clear that we didn't have any other choice. She released Happy and he ran as fast as he could to Natsu who crouched down to hug him. "I'm sorry! They caught me at the entrance!" Happy explained hiding his face in Natsu's jacket. "It's nothing Happy, it's my fault for leaving you behind." Natsu comforted, "It's also my fault, I didn't pay enough attention." I apologized bending down a bit to look at Happy and give him a reassuring smile. Natsu straightened himself and carried Happy in his arms and walked slowly to the exit, I followed him after glancing around the room one more time.

"We'll settle this at the Grand Magic Games. To our heart's content." Minerva said trying to get on our nerves. Natsu wasn't having this and without turning around replied calm and controlled: "We ain't gonna lose to the likes of you. In fact, you won't be able to keep up with us."

I turned around to Minerva, with master Jiemma behind her. I scanned the entire room, right to left making sure everyone was paying attention to me. "You're not a guild," I said with a calm voice ", You're all self-centred people or cowards that decided to make a group. And honestly, I don't know which one is worse." I paused again, to let everyone feel the tension ", THAT is NOT a guild!" I ended turning my back to them walking next to Natsu to the exit. Before we were outside, I send a little thought to Rogue, only for him to 'hear': "I was wrong about you, coward." I could feel his surprising emotion that was followed by guilt and anger.

Without talking for a straight 5 minutes when we walked to the inn I had time to think of what to say about what happened. "You could've let me punch the master at least once too."

"I was going to defeat him for disrespecting a guild member," Natsu replied fired up thinking about his little one-sided fight. "You probably don't even remember her name!" I replied pushing him away for impact. "Hey, don't push me!" he said pushing me back against a wall. "That was a lot harder than I pushed you, idiot!" and I pushed him into the water. Saying a quick goodbye to Happy and hugging him, I ran to my inn to avoid Natsu's revenge.