Chapter 5

We headed out to sea on his boat. The sea reflected the beautiful sunset, colours of red, purple, orange and pink illuminated the sky.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" I said in awe.

Tyler looked at me and smiled, "Yeah it is," he said dreamily.

He continued to sail the boat out into the sea. I peeped over the boat into the sea. I instantly had a flashback to when the vicious waves took me under with them. My skin turned icy cold. Then I remembered waking up and looking at Tyler's face. The relief and how safe I felt when I knew he was there. He saved my life, and for that I am so grateful.

He put his hand around me and pulled me closer to him, noticing the fact that he still didn't have his t-shirt on. His body radiated with heat, or perhaps it was due to the fact that my heart was pounding and continued to accelerate.

He traced his fingers over my thighs and made their way to my hand. He instantly gave me goosebumps all over my body, travelling all the way up to my neck and down my spine to the rest of my body.

My heart was beating even faster now.

He grabbed my hand and placed it against his.

"Are girls hands always supposed to be smaller than a guys?" He asked.

" I don't know," I murmured. "Never really had the chance to go comparing my hands to guys. I'm sure you've had that experience with a few girls anyways."

Tyler pulled his eyebrows together in frustration. "Are you trying to say that I'm a player or something, Kate?"

"No, no. It's just that a guy who is as good looking as you must have been with a few girls in his life. Or quite a lot," I chuckled. I pulled my hand away from his.

"You'd be surprised." He said. "I wouldn't be surprised either if you didn't have all the guys chasing after you either Kate," he huskily stated.

I let out an uncontrollable laugh. "Me?! Are you serious? Haha, I don't even think any guys have even noticed me! All my life, I've just been the background music, the shadows on the wall. They've never really noticed my details. In fact, they never noticed me at all. Let alone never even kissed a guy before, and I'm 17." When I realised I said the secret that I've been trying to keep from everyone my whole life, I slammed my palm on my head.

"Great. Sorry, wasn't meant to say that. I've been trying to keep that a secret for like the past 4 years in my life."

"Oh that's okay! I think it's adorable. And don't be silly. Of course guys have noticed you! I have, didn't I?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess. But that's because I drowned and you had to save me," I corrected.

"Nope." He said shaking his head. "That's not the moment I noticed you."

I arched my eyebrow in confusion.

"The moment when I noticed you, it was a hot summers day. The sun was blazing down on us. I looked into the distance, and you know when you see like water on the ground from the sun but it isn't? Well anyways, I looked into the distance and I saw that, but as I got closer that all disappeared and I saw this gorgeous girl just, standing there."

"What are you trying to get at? Talking about another girl just to get me jealous or something-"

"That girl was you."

It was as if he pierced my heart with his arrow because I was stunned by his reply. I was speechless.

"I don't know what to say," I laughed.

"Don't say anything at all." His face suddenly went serious. His eyes dazzled. He suddenly started coming closer to me. His hand cupped my cheek, whilst his lips came closer and closer to mine...