The Date - Part 1

He told me to be ready by 8pm sharp, and that he would be outside waiting for me. I had asked him at least a million times what kind of restaurant it would be! Would it be a formal restaurants where I would have to dress up and wear heels? Or would it be a more relaxed and dress down type of thing?

I scratched my head thinking of endless outfit ideas. It was either, a white off the shoulder, more flowy and relaxed dress with sandals or a brand new red dress that I purchased just a few days ago. Taylor forced me to buy it to wear in case I would go on a date with Tyler. It was tightly fitted at the top with a belt and more flowy at the bottom but was also fitted at my butt in which Tay said I had to "flaunt what your mama gave ya!" The dress itself wasn't very long, the furthest it went was midway my thigh, but then it came further up to an upside down V where it was shortest in the middle of my thighs.

I felt like the white outfit is more me however the red dress is a different side to me that Tyler hasn't seen yet. The red dress was definitely a statement, that I probably am not ready to make just yet!

I headed to my vanity and sat down in front of the mirror. What kind of makeup shall I do? I hardly wear makeup to begin with. Should I keep it natural, or go full glam to impress Tyler? I grabbed my only two eyeshadow palettes and placed them in front of me. I frowned at myself. I didn't even know how to do proper makeup so I shouldn't even bother or else I could make myself look like a clown! Instead, I applied a gold shimmery eyeshadow to my lids and applied some bronzer to the crease of the eye to give it definition. I then smudged some brown eyeliner to my top lid and lower lid of my eye, but not too much. That made my green eyes stand out and didn't look too much either. I was generous with mascara since I was blessed in that department. For the rest of my makeup I just applied a light B.B. cream all over my face and added bronzer and highlight to the tops of my cheekbones. Lastly I applied a glossy shimmery shade to my lips.

I grabbed my curling wand from my set of drawers and plugged it in. It was a Christmas present from my mum 5 years ago, however I had hardly used it so it was practically new. I wrapped a section of hair around the barrel, moving a bit too close to the barel. Ouch! I brought my pinky to my mouth, wincing in pain. That's going to leave a burn for sure. For some reason, I continued curling pieces around my head until I had a head full of loose curls and an arm full of burns. Great, now it looks like I had some sort of disease.

I looked into the mirror one last time. I checked my outfit and my makeup, but something seemed to be missing... I saw my favourite red lipstick from MAC lying on my vanity table. It was the shade Ruby Woo which was the perfect shade of red. I usually don't wear red lipstick unless it was for a big occasion. I wiped the gloss on my lips with the back of my hand and slapped on Ruby Woo. I looked at myself again, but I still felt like me. I really wanted to transform from plain Kate and impress Tyler.

I threw my hands in the air and opened my wardrobe door, pulling the tag from the red dress and threw it on myself. I grabbed  the black heels - the only heels I owned. You could say that I was not a.. professional in these heels. I looked at myself one last time (I promise!) in the mirror. My curves were exentuated and my legs looked super long. I asked myself, 'Now are you happy? It doesn't look like you." Exactly, it doesn't look like me, but this is what Tyler wants, right? He wants a woman, not a little girl. A woman who's sexy, and what could be more sexy than a red dress right? I mean... it is scientifically proven that men like the colour red on women and it makes them more sexy. Or thats what I remember reading from that article on Cosmopolitan.

*Beep beep*

I look at my watch. 8PM sharp.

Tyler's outside in his car waiting for me. I spritz a little perfume on my neck, the back of my legs, elbows and wrists. Okay, maybe I put a bit too much! But hey, we are dressing to impressing Kate. I let a sigh out, whilst my heart hammers against my chest. I tell myself that I'm going to have a good time and that I'll be okay. But then the doubts start filling my mind...

*Beeeeeeeeep*

"Kate!" I hear Tyler yelling from his car.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and made my way downstairs to the front door. Again, I let out a deep breath and smiled. I opened the door and Tyler was behind the wheel, looking down at his phone. He quickly glanced up and looked back down at his phone. But then looked up again, his eyes and mouth widening with the corners of his mouth turning up into a smile.

"Wow. That's all I can say."

We make our way to the 'mystery' restaurant. We didn't make much conversation on the way that way, but I did notice him looking at me from the corner of his eye followed with a smirk. I too was sneaking a peak at myself in the right mirror of his car to see if I did look okay.

He parks the car and rushes to my side and holds the door open for me and takes my hand, "After you, my lady." The fact that he used that pronoun, 'my' sent shivers down my spine and covered my body in goose bumps. Of course I just had to trip over my massive heels and almost fall face flat on the road. Tyler caught me just in time and laughed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sort of like really clumsy," I said drowning in embarrassment.

"I have realised that about you," Tyler smiled.

We made our way to the front of the restaurant, it was an Italian place called 'Casa Bella.'

"Tyler! Welcome back!" The man behind the desk got up to greet Tyler. He hugged him and saw that I was behind and quickly changed his expression. "Hey is this-" Tyler cut him off.

"This is Kate." He said with a smile. I smiled back.

"They know me, obviously... my favourite restaurant," he said with a sheepish smile.

"Ahh," I said raising my eyebrows.

"Yep! Our loyal customer, aren't you Tyler," the man said placing his hand on Tyler's shoulder, also too with a sheepish smile. "Right. Shall I take you to your seats? Right this way." He led the way to our table. But before I could sit down, Tyler spun me around and walked me back to the front. Yet, it was all a bit too late since I did see Jasmine right next to the table that we were going to sit at, also too wearing a red dress. And it was all a bit too late, because she also saw me.

"You know what Kate? I'm not feeling this tonight. Maybe we should go to another place?" He asked with a forced smile.

"Tyler?" We both turned around to see Jasmine there. There she was in also a red dress. Yet, hers was shorter and tighter than mine. It exposed her legs to the maximum capacity a dress could show legs, and also exposed her breasts to, I suppose a maximum capacity a dress should show breasts to. I saw Tyler slightly gawking at her, yet I do not know it was whether it was the way she was dressed or the fact that he was completely taken off by guard.

"Jasmine! Hey, so nice to see you here," Tyler forced a smile.

"Of course, it's my favourite restaurant!" She flashed a smile. Of course it is, I tell myself.

She looked at me and quickly scanned my body from head to toe, when she finally got back to my face she smiled, "Hey I'm Jasmine! Me and Tyler go way back." I smiled back.
"I'm Kate."
"Nice! Are you new here?" Tyler looked at me waiting for me to say something, the same way I looked back at him. But I knew he wasn't going to say anything.
"No I'm not actually! Just don't really go out often."
Her expression dropped. "Really? What school do you go to?" she asked with a smile.
"Same school as you," I said feeling smaller as each question was asked. She opened her mouth to ask another question yet I knew what she was going to ask. "And same year too," I butted in before she had the chance to ask.
"Oh," she said with a blank expression. "I'm sorry I swear I've never seen you before!" She laughed looking down at my outfit again and at my arm full of burns.
"Well it was good seeing you! Have a great night," Tyler said with a wave whilst spinning me around and pushing me towards the exit, his hand on my upper back.
"Thanks you too!" Jasmine turned and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Just as we were leaving the door I heard her shout, "Who the hell was that?!" I didn't hear the response but all I heard was her scream, "That's Tyler's new girlfriend?!"

Oh god, school is going to be fun tomorrow.