First feelings

Oh god. My first boyfriend ever.  How do I even know what I'm doing is right! I need to play it cool because he might get bored or tired of me if I'm too much.

I can't even contain the butterflies in my stomach. They make the back of my knees go weak and sometimes I can't even walk straight.

Is this normal?

I haven't felt this way about anyone before. He's literally in my mind all day. Before I go to sleep, I dream of him and when I wake up. It's mostly just watching him run down the beach. I wonder what he thinks about me? He's probably too busy to think about me. I mean, what's so special about me to think about anyways?

______________

Tyler's POV

Oh god. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Her green eyes sparkle with what seems like an electric spark when she sees me. Her smile is so, so contagious. I want to see it all the time. It's all I think about and it's all I see when I close my eyes. There's something about her clumsiness and her silly quirks that makes me want her even more.

God, she's so adorable. She hides behind her hair thinking that I don't see her for who she really is, but I do. I see her. She's so pure and innocent, I feel like I have an obligation to protect her and to keep her like this. I don't want to let her down. I already nearly lost her once... but it was that experience that brought us together. I promised to myself that I'll never let anything else happen to her ever again.

I was really trying to protect her from Jasmine. It was a rough year. It began well, well Jasmine is practically every guy's dream girl. But I was quick to learn Jasmine's true colours.

She made fun of every single thing I did and wore. I love wearing my black leather jackets, however she thought otherwise, recalling that I thought I was Danny Zuko from the musical Grease, and that was dorky and uncool. She also called me a geek for loving to read books and listen to music that she referred to as 'ancient music'. I love the classics and actually have a collection of retros! It makes me happy but also sad because I know they don't make music like that anymore.
Jasmine just manipulated me and was extremely jealous. She would somehow make me believe that any problem would be my fault and that somehow I owed her. So I always thought I was the bad guy and how I constantly had to be repaying my mistakes to her. This involved following her like a sheep to the mall with her friends and driving her around town. That's why I loved being a lifeguard because it was the only time I could escape her and have some me time. Any girl who would even lay eyes on me, Jasmine would already have all her friends keep an eye on them. I don't know how many times she's said to another female "eyes off, he's my man!" In which they would just walk away laughing. She is a little psychotic in that way, and very controlling. It's either her way or no way. Everything had to be done in her specific way, so she chose what we would do for the day. When I would go with friends she would cry on the phone stating how I didn't love her anymore and persisting there was another girl. I wanted to prove to her that I was a good boyfriend, so I did anything for her. Foolishly, I did everything for her. It took me a while to realise to had to get myself out of the relationship. There were rumours that she had been flirting and getting with some other guys. However, part of me wished it was true so I had the excuse to leave her. Yet, I didn't have the guts to do it. In any little petty fight, I would bring it up. "Why don't you just leave me then if you're so fed up of me?" I yelled.
"Because I'm the bigger person and I forgive you. I love you," she would tell me. How can you break up with someone who would tell you that? You can't. I didn't have the courage to do it, to break somebody's heart, because I know exactly how much it hurts. I couldn't bare for someone to go through it too.
However, enough was enough. She was bossing me around one day and I said I had enough of it. I didn't want to do it anymore, it was exhausting! I never stated that we were over for good though... I said I needed time away from her, hoping she would get the hint. Yet, still to this day I don't know if she did. It's been months since that day. And that's why I don't want Kate to get involved with her, because I know Jasmine and her friends.

And they would make life very difficult for Kate.