Waiting

I mean he hasn't even gotten my number yet. Or added me on Facebook. How on earth does he expect me to meet up with him at the beach if I don't know what time I'm supposed to meet him at!

Maybe he has added me on Facebook... I sprinted across my room and jumped on my bed and flung my laptop open. Sign in, check friend requests.. The icon had a 1 on it. My eyes widened and I screeched.

"OMG he must have added me!!" I screamed to myself. I took a deep and calm breath and closed my eyes. I clicked on the icon.

I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"Seriously?" It was a friend request from one of those big head blonde girls who think they have it all. Jasmine was one of the girls who want Tyler so bad. Her and her friends literally sit beneath the life guard post just to give him an excuse to talk to at least one of them. And yes I have seen her pretend drown at least a dozen times! I accepted her anyways, you know when Tyler posts on my wall she'll be able to see.

That is if he adds me on Facebook!

It's been a whole day and he hasn't even contacted me since yesterday morning! This is slowly killing me. How do you go from and amazing conversation yesterday to nothing? I looked at the clock as the hands of them moved ever so slowly as the hours dragged on.

"Kate!" My mum yelled from downstairs. I groaned. I was in no mood to be putting up with her right now. I smashed the pillow over my ears.

"Kate," she sang.

"Kate, someone has left you something down here! Come on before I open it myself."

My heart stopped. In a second, I was already sprinting down the stairs of my house racing to the kitchen.

"What is it?!" I asked out of breath.

On the kitchen counter I see a rose and a letter.

"Looks like someone has a secret admirer!" My mum teased. I sneered at her and took the letter and the rose to my room.

I carefully tested the letter open. I mean who sends letters anymore?! How romantic.

I open the letter and it's handwritten! It read:

'What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other word would smell as sweet.

This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath,

May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

I'd happen to be at the beach at 9PM tonight, watching the beautiful sunset if you'd like to join me. And maybe you could hear me read some more Shakespeare if you'd like. Or are you still playing hard to get?

Hope to see you there,

Tyler Johnson.'

I burst out laughing and did a sprint on the spot and flung myself back on my bed in a starfish position, whilst screaming and holding the letter to my chest. I bet you he was also playing hard to get! No wonder he took to long to contact me. I was starting to think he wasn't interested in me.

----------------------------------------

Here I was. 9pm at the beach.... And no one is in sight. I groaned and ran my hands through my hair. What if some weirdo sent me that letter instead and set me up. Or what if Tyler is standing me up? I overthink things a lot and it doesn't help me at all. I walked over to the shore and sat down so the water could reach my feet.

"Hey you," I heard a familiar voice say. I looked back at him and he was topless wearing his summer Trunks. He brushed his hair from his eyes and smiled. My heart melted just looking at him.

"Come on," he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, jerking his chin towards a boat.

"Woah, where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere special," he said with a smile.

Authors notes:

Hey guys! Sorry this is a short and sweet chapter. I kinda had writers block so that's why I didn't update in sooo long. So if any of you would like to share some inspirations or ideas private message me, I would greatly appreciate it! You'd get a chapter dedicated to you and also a shoutout.

Thanks for all the comments and support, if it wasn't for you guys I would have left this story long ago! But it's gotten so many views, comments that I had to carry on! So it's you guys who keep me going. Love you all!

Aimee xox