When she says she loves you, tell her you love her too

Ever since that night, Tyler has secretly been sneaking around with me, mostly in the night to have late night adventures because my parents didn't really approve me of having a boyfriend at the time. We'd just go to the beach and just lay on the sand looking up at the stars. At first, when you lie down and look up at the sky, you won't see many stars at all. However, the more time you spend looking at the stars, you start to see more and more stars filling up the sky, to the point when you can't even keep count anymore. We would have competitions on who would be able to count the most stars, and he'd always name the biggest star in the sky after me. And it would always seem to be the same one in that same location.
"Where's star Katie tonight?" He'd ask looking for it in the sky.
"Hmmm," I said scanning the sky, "maybe she's gone," I said with a sigh.
"Ahah!" He screamed. "It's right there, of course how did I miss it?!" He laughed to himself.
I'd always see that star from my room too, so whenever I looked outside my window at night, I would see the same star and think of Tyler. Sometimes I wouldn't get to sleep because finally, as cheesy as it sounded, my reality was finally better than my dreams. On nights like tonight, I would go out to look at the star until it faded along with the new morning sun. Each day was an opportunity for adventure and I had no idea what each day would bring. It brought such an exhilaration to me, I couldn't wait to fall asleep to wake up for a brand new day.
Yet, Tyler didn't want to be so public about our thing. He didn't refer me as girlfriend or anything, which made me wonder what exactly I was to him. Anyways, we'd only been sneaking around for two weeks, so we weren't that into anything really. However... I knew that this was something special. Not because he's my first kiss or first anything, but I know that it's real. I have never felt this way about anything or anyone. I'd wake up with a massive smile on my face, ready to take on the world. He makes me want to do better, be better. Be the best person I could possibly be and to always be grateful to be able to do that.

We went on a proper date! He took me to the cinema, however I found it quite odd how he insisted on going to the showing past midnight. The cinema was completely empty, yet he claimed that he preferred to watch the movie in peace with no distractions. I shrugged and thought nothing of it. The palms of my hands were so sweaty the whole way through! I didn't even end up watching the film; I was too nervous thinking about when he would do 'the move' on me or hold my hand.
We were literally half way through the movie and he had done nothing yet! I kept on peeping at him through the side of my eye, he was really focused on the movie, it was like he didn't even remember I was here. I sighed and dug deeper into my seat. He suddenly looked over to me, must have remembered that I was here all along. He 'yawned' and slid his arm over my back and placed his hand on my left shoulder. Just his touch sent a million shivers down my spine and made the hairs all over my body stand on their ends. He smiled and me and gave my shoulder a little squeeze. When we got up, I literally said "fuck it" in my head and grabbed his hand. I think he was surprised because his eyes widened when I held his hand tightly. However, when we got outside and there were people there, he gently slipped his hand out of mine.
"Sorry my hands are like really sweaty," he said wiping his hands on the back of his jeans. He escorted me to his car and swiftly took me home after that.

I wouldn't see him all the time, he was busy doing with being a lifeguard, especially when he has to go to different locations. I could only see him at the end of a long day, which he'd often be sunburnt and tired. Yet, he'd always have the energy to see me and make every second with him worth it. Each time he saw me, he picked out a new flower and give it to me. I'd tuck it behind my ear because he said I looked beautiful the first time I did it. And for the first time, I actually believed it.

----

It was a hot day in July. Taylor begged me to go to the beach with her as I had been 'grounded' for two weeks and I wasn't allowed to go out in the night. Or that's what I told Taylor anyways. I didn't want to ask Tyler what exactly we were just yet. I don't want to seem like the clingy girl who wants to be his girlfriend, I want to play it cool and let him tell me when he's ready. That means hiding it from Taylor? I'm not sure but it really has been so exhausting keeping this secret from her.