Chapter 8

I spent the next few days crying my eyes out. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out of my chest, and the pain was never going to end. It's like a darkness was slowly eating away at me, and I was letting it win.

The worst part was he let me go. He didn't run after me... He didn't say that he felt the same way. I just didn't get it. What were we doing these past few weeks? Just playing around with me whilst he was with his ex? It actually does explain a lot of things... How he wouldn't be so public with me, or how he took me to the movie after midnight! He probably didn't want anyone to see us together just in case Jasmine found out or something.

It all started clicking in my head. It started all making sense now. He was just using me. For what though? Boredom? He didn't get much out of me, just my first kiss. No big deal! Well, anyways I stopped it in time. Who knows what he would have tricked me into doing with his sweet smile and charming ways... Ugh, I have to stop doing this.

He called my phone a few times for three days, yet I would always decline. He sent me a few messages saying 'We need to talk. It wasn't what you think. Please can we meet up?' But again, I didn't reply to those either. This was even hurting me even more because I have to go through it alone. Not even Taylor knew that I was seeing him, so she obviously doesn't know what's going on now, which killed me because I had no one to talk about it to. I guess why I was hurting so much was because I told him I love him, whilst also finding out he's only been using me to get his ex girlfriend jealous. I should have known all boys are the same!

I heard a knock on my door.
"Who is it?" I asked. My mum opened the door and peeped her head through the opening, "someone is here to see you," she said with a sly smile. I thought it must be Taylor! I smiled back giving her the OK to let them in. To my surprise it was Tyler with a red rose in his hand. My heart literally sank to the bottom of my stomach.
"W-wh-what are you doing here?" I asked, whilst my mum closed my bedroom door and headed downstairs. He was standing by my door with his messy curls tousled over his puppy dog eyes. He handed over the rose to me.
"Since you don't accept my calls or reply to my messages, this was the only way." He sat down on my bed.
"Kate, I'm so so so sorry. You have no idea how sorry I am. Can I please explain everything to you?" He said handing over the flowers to me.
I cupped the rose to my nose and smelled it. I peered over to him and rolled my eyes.
"Okay, so I know it looked bad, just confirming to you Jasmine is my ex girlfriend. We didn't really finish on the best of terms so we were trying to clear some things over so we can still be friends! And one of the things was that she wanted, was to ask about lifeguarding in the summer as a job so she can save up some money for university." I rolled my eyes again; the last thing I needed was Tyler to be with his ex girlfriend in work. "So that's why you saw her give me her number, because I was going to text her the contact details of my boss. Okay, so no we weren't meeting up, or getting back together. It's all a big misunderstanding," he smiled, sliding his hand on top of mine. I took a deep breath and exhaled quickly.
"And I'm really sorry if I ever made you think differently. I swear I would never do that to you Kate."
I crossed my arms. "Then why when we went out you never wanted to be public and avoid people?"
He pressed his lips firmly together. "It's not that I don't want people to know, it's just I don't know how people would react that's all."
"What do you mean, are you embarrassed to be with me or something? What am I not good enough for you?"
"Kate, don't be silly, of course you are! You are beautiful, and kind, smart and- the list is endless. It's just that, I don't know how Jasmine and her friends will react. Like, I know she's my ex but I have no idea how she'll treat you and I would hate for her to bash you for no reason! She's... Erm, full of surprises," he said with a fake smile. "I just don't want to look for a fight, and I want to protect you."
"I'll take my chances. If you don't want to be public with me, I'm sorry, then I don't want to be with you at all," I said crossing my arms and turning my face away.
He softly uncrossed my arms and held my hands in his. I turned to him and he cupped my cheek with his right hand.
"Okay then, will you take me back and forgive me please?" He whispered looking into my eyes and tracing his lips over mine. I shuddered whilst what it felt like my whole entire body was covered in goose bumps making all my hairs on my body stand on their end. He made his way over to my ear and whispered, "please..." and was kissing down my neck. I suddenly gripped the sheets and let out a gasp. I quickly pulled away; he had charming look in his eyes.
I sighed, "why can't I resist you?" I asked myself. 
"Because I'm crazy over you," he whispered.
I snapped myself out of the glance and pulled my hands away from his.
"Okay. If this is going to work I have some... conditions," I stated. "Okay so, first of all, no more hiding! I don't want to feel as if you're embarrassed to be with me." He shook his head and exclaimed that he never would. "And lastly... what does this mean for us? Where do we stand..." I said trailing off scared to hear what he would say.
"Well..." he said getting off my bed. He kneeled on the floor. "I'm not really sure.." Wait, what! Why is he kneeling? There's no way in hell he's going to propose to me right?!
"Kate. Will you-"
"Tyler we're too young for this!" I yelled.
He laughed, "will you be my girlfriend?" And pulled out a haribo sweet in the shape of a ring out of a packet. Oh. My face went bright red.
"Yes!"