EXTRA!: Alternate Ending

This is going to be sad.

...

"It's that time again, Kiyoki.", Natsu sat cross-legged in front of the smooth marble. "It's been four years, and it still hurts. Kenji misses his mother heaps, and I do to. I just, it hurts so much.", Tears were streaming down his face.

"Dammit, I just want to see you, hug you, kiss you, to make you smile, to make you laugh. To lie on the sofa beside you and fall asleep with you. But, I can't, I can't, and it's all my fault. It's my fault you're dead."

*Flashback*

Four years ago, S-Class mission

"Kenji! Get out of the way!", Natsu spat, but it was too late. The Dragon Prince was quickly scooped up in the dark mage's arms, and knocked unconscious. "Kenji!"

"Now, Salamander, I'm sure you don't want any harm to come to your son.", The mage sneered, his evil red eyes veiled by deep blue hair. "So, why don't we make an agreement. You leave me alone, and your son lives."

"Don't you dare touch him!", Kiyoki spat, and a pale bluish hue radiated of her figure. She didn't have long before she lost control.

"And what are you going to do about it, hmm? Anything you do will lead to his imminent death.", The man leered, and he dragged a blade across the teen's neck, cutting a major vein.

"NO!", The Dragons shrieked, and Kenji was dropped, his lifeless figure crumpling to the floor.

"You have three minutes. Fight me.", Their son was kicked to the side as the man stepped forward.

"You bastard!", The man flew into a wall, and the faint hue around Kiyoki was now a full-blown light, and it was almost blinding. "You dare mess with me!?"

"What are you?", The man muttered, before screaming as he was lifted from the ground, but nobody was touching him.

"I am Kiyoki Dragoneel, Queen Of The Dragons, S-Class mage, and your worst nightmare.", She hissed, then the man's screams turned to whimpers, before he fell silent. He made no sound no breathing, no moving, no heartbeat.

"Kenji.", Natsu ran over to his son, and pressed two fingers against his neck. There was no pulse, "No, no!"

"Oh god, no.", Kiyoki ran to his side, and she begn to cry, "Kenji."

"This is all my fault.", Natsu whispered, and he looked away.

"I'm so sorry, Natsu.", Kiyoki whispered, and she pressed her hands to his neck. "Une vie pour une vie, s'il vous plaît, échanger nos âmes. Donner à ce garçon la vie dont il a besoin, laissez-le vivre à ma place. Échangez les étoiles, échanger les gardiens, obéissez à votre reine."

"No, what are you doing!?", Natsu yelled, and Kiyoki began to fade.

"Saving my son.", She closed her eyes, and the last thing he saw of her was her lips form the words 'I love you' before vanishing in a flurry of stars.

"Otasan? What happened?", Natsu looked down to see his son's emerald eyes flutter open, and he began to sob. "Where's Okasan?"

"She's dead.", Natsu wrapped his arms around his son and pulled him close, "Please, Kenji, don't leave me."

*Flashback ends*

"If I hadn't told you to let Kenji come with us, you wouldn't be dead. You would be watching Kenji grow up, fall in love, get married. But you're not, and I hate myself for it. It's my fault!", He punched the ground, and the sheer force send a wave through Magnolia.

"It's my fault you're gone."

...

Holy crap. I'm depressing.