EXTRA!: Laphira

Annimefreakxx helped, she gets dedication :)

...

A month before The Grand Magic Games

...

Laxus gazed out at the ocean, and a strange feeling formed in his stomach. Why was he so attracted to that tiny, fragile wood dragon? Saphira Lates, of all people?

It wasn't like she was overly powerful, or busty, or vicious, or anything, She was, for someone in Fairy Tail, normal, aside from the fact she was actually a 2 100 year old dragon.

He sighed, and his head flopped into his hands as he fought a battle, his heart pitted against his mind. His mind shouted that this wasn't right, that she wouldn't accept him, a mean, vicious bastard, but his heart only needed to whisper three words to change all that.

She's your mate.

"Ah, stuff it.", The blonde hissed, and he stiffened. Somebody was watching him.

...

Saphira couldn't help it, she just had to make sure he was alright. Even though Hibiki had forbidden it, yeah, like she would listen to him, she still followed the second generation dragon slayer, and she was getting really close to getting caught. "Ah, stuff it.", The figure hissed, and Saphira peeked out from her hiding place to see if he was alright.

"Who's there?", He asked, and Saphira quickly hid. Crap, if he saw her, who would know what would happen? Sure, they're mates, but he seemed so oblivious, it hurt. "Must be hearing things.", He grumbled before walking off towards the camp his team had set up.

Saphira quickly turned into a cindir, the fox form comforable for her, and ran ahead of him. She stopped in front of the girl's tent, and slipped inside.

"Well!?", A very anxious bluenette hissed, and Saphira rolled her eyes as Mira, Evergreen and Lisanna came swarming over.

"I was so close.", Sapira closed her eyes, and Mira looked like she wanted to murder someone.

"How thick-headed is that idiot!?", She hissed, and Evergreen shrugged.

"That's Laxus, I guess.", She pondered, then shook her head. "Saphira, darling, let me spell it out for you. He. Loves. You. Simple as that. So go out there and ask him out!", She grinned, but the tiny dragon shook her head.

"I'm not like that, Ever.", Saphira changed back into her human form, and Lisanna gave her a supportive hug.

"Hey, do what's comfortable, okay?", She grinned, and Saphira's head shot up.

"If that's the case...", She turned to the five girls, "I need your help."

...

Laxus glanced at the girls on the other side of the campfire, who were giggling and whispering like a bunch of schoolgirls, and that didn't seem good. "What's with you, huh?", Bickslow asked, and Evergreen giggled. She never giggles.

"It's a secret!", She grinned, and Gajeel rolled his eyes.

"You'll find out soon!", Mirajane cooed, and Elfman looked a little scared. Honestly, he wasn't being a baby, when the Demon Mirajane has something planned, you're supposed to steal Erza's armor and run for the hills. "Well, goodnight to you!", She grinned knowingly, and walked off towards the tent, followed by Juvia, Ever and Lisanna.

"Something's up.", Freed whispered, and everyone nodded. They knew they were planning something, but what? Suddenly, Laxus saw a flicker of something, and he stood up. "Laxus?"

"Stay here, I want to check something.", He stepped over the fire and walked into the forest.

The ground crunched beneath his feet, and his eyes widened at the tiny candle in the middle of the forest floor. Simple, soft, delicate, a flame in a dark, damp place. Beauty not judging of it's place. He looked up, and saw another. A trail of fire.