Chapter 16

Back in Gimmelshtump

Mom pushed herself off the wall and walked toward me. She was about to open her mouth when Dad and Adrian came into view, laughing at I don't know what. When they realized we were in the hallway, they stopped.

"Everything alright?" Dad asked, looking back and forth between us. Mom nodded and put a hand over my shoulder. She was taller than me by about 3 inches and I was only 5'5. I really didn't get their height genes.

"Yes, dear. I was just inviting my little girl for coffee and shopping later this afternoon. You know, girl time," she chattered and Dad nodded in understanding.

"So that leaves us to have boy time later then, Rian?" he suggested and Adrian nodded in excitement. He looked like a little boy again, putting a genuine smile on my face.

"Shall I cook lunch?" Adrian suggested.

"Sure! I'll help you, dear," Mom said. When Dad and Adrian walked passed us and into the kitchen, she whispered to me; "We'll talk about it later at coffee, yeah?"

"I'm looking forward to it," I replied. With that, she took off and joined the two boys in the kitchen.

I brushed my hand on my other arm anxiously, looking back to the pictures that were neatly placed on the table. I ran a hand through each and every one of them, reminiscing the moments I had with him.

A part of me was very excited to know what he's up to right now. I badly wanted to know where he lived, where I could contact him. All of my anger suddenly vanished.

I just wanted to know what happened to him.

When I was sure that I had looked through every photo on the table, I announced that I'll be in my room to unpack. I wasn't going to be of any help in the kitchen anyway. I would slow them down if I would even try to help.

I entered my room and started unpacking my things. I neatly folded my clothes and put all my jewelry and make-up on my vanity, which I didn't totally see when I took a peak at my room.

I walked to it and found a switch at the side. I flickered it and all of the beautiful lightbulbs went on. I turned to look at myself in the mirror and smiled. These lights can sure go in handy if I do my make-up here. Even I can see my flaws from here. I started gathering all my make-up and necessities and put them in the vanity's drawer.

Once I was finished, I quickly changed into my pajamas before jumping into the bed, relaxing.

Although my room back in Port Angeles was super gorgeous, New York felt like home. This room was very simple yet classy.

But having my parents around plus Adrian here was what made it feel like home. A part of me wanted to stay here forever with my parents, but there's something holding me back.

"Ugh," I grunted as I fished out my phone from my handbag. Why was I suddenly thinking about someone who didn't deserve to be in my head? He was annoying a jerk and I didn't want to give him space for free.

I FaceTimed a number and put my phone in front of my face, nibbling my nails anxiously. I counted how many ringtones passed, until the person I was calling answered.

I took a deep breath before speaking, "Gwen!"

"What's up? The storm is just worsening. Hope you're okay there!"