Chapter 3

Skipping the Get-To-Know Part

The hallways were crowded with loud students. Everyone was busy talking about their summer and how excited they were about being back at school. I saw a couple of students hugging and squealing.

"Good morning, Kris!" someone greeted. I turned to look at them and returned his sweet smile. "Hey, Jake. How was your summer?"

"Pretty boring. Yours?"

"I was about to start my summer but when I woke up, class was starting," I replied. I heard Jake laugh and the football team came into my sight. "Don't spend your time sleeping, Kris."

"Hey, Kris," they greeted. I returned their greeting as Luke put a hand over Jake's head. "Mind if we take Jake away from you?"

I chuckled. Nothing was going on between me and Jake. We just had a bunch of subjects together, including the football team. But his teammates were making it so obvious by pushing Jake to me which made it very clear that Jake may have a thing for me. But I wasn't interested in him, though. I made it clear to him ages ago. I waved them off and intertwined my arms with Gwen's.

I was introducing and pointing to every classroom and every laboratory we passed by to her when somebody yanked my school bag, making my back crush to their chest.

"Excuse me?" I said as I retrieved my bag roughly from whoever yanked me. This bag was so vulnerable it could break easily when you yank it that hard. I turned to look at them and my face dropped.

It was Tyler Kinston. Out of all people in school that could probably play pranks on me or for whatever reason this is, he was the last person I expected. He was a couple of inches taller than me. I was 5'5 and he was probably 6'2, because he was looking down at me with a scowl on his face. I suddenly felt terrified. I was starting to develop a crush on him but he seems like he hated me so much.

Was my gaze at him back in the parking lot bitchy?

"Can I talk to you for a sec? " he asked.

I thought my eyebrows were gonna reach my hairline because I might have raised it too much out of pure surprise and confusion.

Before I could even muster a reply, he dragged me to who-knows-where using my school bag. I looked back at Gwen with a very confused expression and she just shrugged her shoulders, her face confused as well.

"You're being too heavy," he hissed as he continued to drag me to wherever place he was gonna take me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked. I wanted to wiggle out of his grasp but I was afraid my bag would snap. I found myself looking over to my shoulder in the hopes that I would see Gwen. But there were just a sea of students looking at us passing by.

This guy pushed me into an empty classroom. He locked the door behind him and glared at me.

"You owe me a fine dining table. A rare one at most," he said flatly, extending his hand and gesturing to give it to him this instant.

I looked at it. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, don't you remember you wasted my time yesterday because you swiped your card to buy the dining table that I was supposed to buy?" he asked in a jerking manner. I raised an eyebrow at him before the memory skipped happily like a flower girl throwing rose petals in my head.