Chapter 31

The Theater Play

On lit class, we were already practicing in the auditorium. Since Gwen wasn't in sight, I started memorizing my lines in one if the front row seats.

After some time, someone dragged a piano that was decorated in a room that was put on in a wagon. Gwen appeared from the backstage, holding a microphone in her hand.

"So our scene today is where Prince James finally realizes that he likes Augustine. So Lucas, if you may please take the floor and sing for us the song," Gwen called and Lucas came out of the backstage as well, dressed in the Prince's uniform.

He sat down on the piano seat and started playing it.

"Desperate for changing, starving for truth," he started singing.

His voice was so raspy and cold, it was such a beautiful melody for a guy to have. Everybody started cheering for him, some girls from the other section that was watching our play started fainting at how good his voice was.

"I'm falling even more in love with you," he played, looking at me from the stage. "Letting go of all I've held on to."

"I'm standing here until you make me move,"

"I'm hanging by a moment here with you."

The song hits different when you play the piano with it. No drums, no electric guitars. It felt like such a beautiful confession.

"I guess someone has a new love interest," I heard Gwen comment next to me. I was surprised how she got here too fast. She was already sitting next to me, watching Lucas play.

"I was just thinking how the piece is good when it's played in piano. I wasn't thinking differently," I said honestly.

She looked at me sideways. "Don't tell me you're turning a blind eye to someone who looks like they're interested in you."

"He did confess to me last night," I said.

"No way," she gasped, looking at me fully right now. "What happened next?"

"Nothing, we just ate dinner and he left."

"What did you say to him?" she pushed.

"I told him that I didn't want to take things too fast," I answered. "But honestly, I really think that I'm still not interested."

"I guess Tyler really left a big hole, huh?" she guessed, looking back to the stage.

As much as I don't want to admit it, it was a fact that Tyler leaving me after all that was worse than Loui leaving me behind.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"I still feel it every time, it's just something that you do," I sang while I danced the steps. "Now ask me why I want to."

"Energy people! Make the best of it!" Gwen shouted over the megaphone. We were already on stage, with dress rehearsals, lights, and everything. It felt great and I've never been so alive after how many weeks of sulking.