Chapter 27

Home

"I'm sorry but can you drop me off at Angelo's place?" I pleaded. Much to my relief, Tyler didn't ask anything although I know he might be itching to know what was happening. I didn't want to talk about it, I couldn't. The only person I needed right now was Gwen. She was wise in these kinds of stuff. I sincerely do not know what to do. And the only place I know where Gwen is is still at the party.

Tyler impressed me when we were speeding down the road and arrived at Angelo's place in an instant. I hopped out of the passenger's seat and turned back to him.

"Tyler, Adrian is at home and he needs you right now. Tell him I'll be home in a minute, okay?" I said. Tyler just nodded his head and started driving away from the party. When I looked back at the house, I was just in time to see a familiar grey sedan peering out of the parking lot.

Without knowing, I jumped in front of that car and put my hands on the hood, a lame attempt to stop her car. Thank God she was not speeding and slammed the brakes on time.

Her car came to a screeching halt which kind of drew a lot of attention. I was fine, with no scratches and broken bones so I swiftly got in the passenger's seat to face a very shocked, jaw to the floor face of Gwen. It took her time to realize that I was sitting next to her when she opened her mouth to scream at me.

"Are you out of your mind, woman?!" she screamed as she ran her hands around my face and arms to check if I was alright.

"I didn't hurt you, right? Because if not, go out 'cause I'll fucking run you over for giving me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry! You were pulling away from the parking lot!"

"And?!" she screamed. "You could have called me you fucking idiot! We have cell phones! God, I could have killed you which I'm thinking I should! You better have a good explanation woman!"

"It's not good enough to talk it over the phone. It's very important!" I screamed back. We were practically just screaming at each other at this moment.

"And-and where have you been?! You just disappeared and I was fucking worried about you! I was about to go and look for you after putting Angelo's drunk ass to sleep!"

We both stopped screaming when we heard the car behind us honking its horn. Gwen puffed and pulled over to the side and put on her hazards. When she already parked her car, she glared at me, her nose flaring while she tried to calm herself down.

"This better be good. You have a lot of explaining to do."

"I-I," I stuttered as I watched her glower at me. "Will you stop that? I can't concentrate without laughing at your face!"

She crossed her arms. I took a deep breath and just closed my eyes because I knew her glare wouldn't just go away after that heart-falling stunt I pulled out earlier.

"Gwen, Loui's coming home. He's coming over tonight," I said. When she heard this, she gasped so loud that I thought every human could hear her.

"No way?"

"Yes, way," I said. "I just got a phone call from Adrian saying they're coming over for dinner tonight."

"Oh, shit," she commented. "I guess I did overreact to you flying out of nowhere. You really have it down bad."

"What should I do?" I asked, putting my hands over my face.