t h i r t y t w o

I already miss him.

Now yes I've already missed him for months, but after seeing him in person last night.

Hearing his voice vibrate throughout an entire venue. It reminded me of sleepless nights in which we stayed up for hours and he would whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

Seeing him dance to the rhythm, hitting every single beat. Took me back to dancing in the middle of the empty streets of Manhattan at 4am.

God I missed him so much.

Sometimes I don't necessarily miss our relationship, but I miss our friendship.

Our bond.

Always having someone to talk to and trust.

Maybe it's just wrong timing.

I got up and brushed my teeth. Today Jaemin and I were going to West Village, enjoying the summer sun.

I threw on a flowery mini dress that was so soft and flowy. I let my curls do whatever they pleased as I tossed my hair to the left side of my head. It was 90 degrees so I kept the makeup fairly minimal.

"You ready to go?" Jaemin asked
as he peaked over his shades.

He wore a loose, navy blue tank top with a white pair of overalls on top. His pink hair added the perfect pop of color.

"Yes sir" I chirped back as I slipped my white slip on vans over my socks.

He paused for a split second as he looked me up and down, "something wrong?" I asked with a chuckle

"Yes, you're taking forever c'mon lala!!"

-

Mark's Perspective

After the concert I was beyond drained, both emotionally and physically. Since today was a free day, the members and I decided to explore New York. I wanted to show them around and introduce them properly to the city that never sleeps.

But I need to talk to Melanie. If I want us to at least remain friends we need to actually talk about our feelings. Although it's going to hurt going back to being friends, it's what's appropriate for both of our lives right now.

I snuck out of our suite and ran like my life depended on it. I left everything in our suite including my phone and ID. I just wanted to be normal again for a few hours.

Since I also left my wallet I had to walk all the way to Haechan and Jeno's apartment. At first it wasn't too bad, and then it hit me that it was a whopping 90 degrees. I may have too much dip on my chip, but it's too late now.

As I got closer I decided to pick up a fruit salad because I know those are Mel's favorite snack in the summertime. I entered the building drenched in sweat but thankfully I was welcomed by ac blasting throughout the lobby. I entered the elevator and entered the floor I was heading too. Part of me was nervous, yet another was excited to finally have proper closure with Melanie.

I braced myself to see Mel answer the door. I knocked twice.

"HEYYYYY" sigh it was Haechan

"Where's Mel?"

"WHO'S AT THE DOOR?"
"IT'S MARK!"
"MARKKK?!??"

"Haechan"

"Oh sorry Jeno was asking,
but yea she's not here"

"Where is she?"