t w e n t y e i g h t

Mark's Perspective

I'm panicking.

My managers came into my room early this morning urging me to get ready quickly because I had to go to an emergency meeting with the head of our company.

I couldn't find my phone so I immediately went downstairs and got into the car. I noticed that none of my other members were there, so I couldn't imagine what this meeting would be about. My managers looked stressed,

"Um do you guys know what this meeting is about?"

They looked hesitant,
"Dispatch leaked your relationship"

My heart sunk. Melanie.

"Is she okay? Is she receiving death threats? When can I go visit her? I need to talk to her!"

"Mina is fine, her company is handling this accordingly"

"Mina? Do you mean-"

"Pictures of you and Mina were leaked on Dispatch this morning"

Mina?? Mina isn't my girlfriend! I mean yes we went shopping the other day, but I was asking her for advice on what should I do to help fix Melanie and I's relationship! Mina has her own secret relationship to worry about, we're just friends. Nothing more nothing less. One would just call us co workers!

This is bad. Like really bad. If Melanie sees the article she's going to flip out.

She'll probably break up with me.

I can't let that happen,
"Is there a phone that I can use?"

My managers ignored me as we arrived in front of SM Headquarters. We all got out of the large car and began walking towards the tall building. My hands turned into puddles and I could've sworn that my heart skipped a beat. I've only met our CEO once, and to be honest he scared me then when I didn't do anything wrong, so I can only imagine what he'll be like today.

As we walked into the conference room there was absolutely no sound, if someone dropped a pen you would be able to hear it down the hall. I sat down and immediately put my head down. All I could think about was Melanie. I just wanted to talk to her. Let her know that I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. I want her to be happy. I want us to be happy.

"Mark do you know what was published on Dispatch this morning?" He spoke in Korean, stern and full of seriousness. 

"Yes sir" I croaked,  knowing that my korean was flawed compared to him.

"Do you know what that could do to your image?"

"Yes sir, and I'm sorry but I can explain-"

"There's no need to. Lucky for you, this could actually benefit you greatly. Many fans seem overwhelmingly supportive of you, meaning that if they support you now imagine how they'll react when you two break up in the future?"

"So you want me to lie?"

"No of course not! I want you to enjoy your relationship, but I'm letting you know right now that it won't last very long. Your schedule will be packed, long nights and long days. Traveling between cities and to different countries. You won't even be able to spell girlfriend after a few more months. So for now continue your rendezvous, and enjoy it while you can kid."

"But-"

"Oh and we're going to release a special statement explaining your friendship and how there may be something more that you two are currently exploring. Mina's company will do the same. But your phone will be taken away for a few days that way you can solely focus on recording and practicing. You need to be on your best behavior for the next few weeks until this spectacle completely blows over. Have a good day Mark, I hope I won't have to see you here like this again"