t w o

After class was over Mark, Johnny and I walked out discussing our favorite parts of the movie. Then we heard a loud "hey" coming from behind us. As we turned around, Lucas ran towards us smiling ear to ear.

"Hey, I was wondering if maybe you guys would want to go to lunch with me? It's on me!!!"

Johnny and Mark smiled in unison, giving Lucas a hand shake that turned into a half hug. I stood there awkwardly not really sure on what to do while they had their "manly" bond.

Until Lucas stops and looks at me intensely, "So is that a yes?" gulp. I never noticed how deep his voice was.

"Uh-um yea?", he smiled excitedly while screeching out a loud "yEAAA!!!"

Our small group walked from 32nd street to 42nd looking for a place to eat. While the boys laughed together through common interests. Eventually I trailed behind due to my increasing shyness. In general I'm a pretty introverted person, but when I'm with my friends i usually tend to be extremely extroverted. Mark noticed and began to trail back alongside me, leaving Lucas and Johnny to debate on what's the better anime: Avatar the Last Airbender or Dragon Ball Z.

"What's wrong? You love anime" Mark asked sounding very concerned yet confused at the same time.

I sighed before looking down at my fast paced feet, "I know I do but I don't know, I just feel shy"

"Around Johnny?"

"No babo!", I exclaimed while playfully slapping his arm. "Lucas"

"But why you're kinda nice, you make sort of funny jokes. You're really prett-"

Before even letting him finish his thought I cut him off, "Okay but you know that I word vomit... really bad!"

"Oh my gosh Melanie"

"You're one to talk you never make the first move on a girl you like", Mark ignored me completely before opening his problematic mouth again

"Yo Lucas! Melanie likes Cowboy Bebop, have you ever seen it?" what the actual fuck Mark

I continued to internally curse Mark out while glaring at him until Lucas turned around happily, almost as if he was seeing stars.

"I LOVE COWBOY BEBOP! I don't understand why they didn't continue it!! There was so much potential!!!" At this point Lucas was yelling but Johnny and I just laughed at how excited he was. It's crazy how different his personality was from his appearance. He was just a big lovable dork, how could you not love him?

Me and him continued discussing our love for Spike and Faye while Mark and Johnny began to walk ahead of us.

-

We arrived at a pizza parlor and took our seats. I made sure I sat with Mark because I always felt more comfortable when he was by my side. Leaving Johnny and Lucas to sit facing us. We decided to split a large pizza with half cheese and half pepperoni.

"So how did you guys become friends?" Lucas asked with his mouth half full.

"Well me and Melanie grew up together in Canada. Our dads worked together so we always got to hang out-"

"Actually I was forced to hang out with him", Mark glared at me for both interrupting him and what I actually said. But Lucas and Johnny bursted into a fit of laughter.

He continued, "All three of us had classes together last year so we all just became the three musketeers"

"We like to call ourselves the foreign swaggers when we're with our other friend Jaehyun" Johnny added causing us all to laugh and cringe at the same time.