f o u r

Once I got home from the studio, I collapsed on my bed until the next morning. It was a Friday and I had no classes today, which is such a blessing because now I get to enjoy a three day weekend.

I woke up and slipped into some black leggings and threw on a olive green tank top. I texted Raven to meet me at our dining hall. By the time I got there she greeted me with a weak smile indicating her hunger and drowsiness. After getting our breakfast, we sat in a secluded corner of the cafe.

"Okay so I kind of have a favor to ask", I said softly hoping to warm her up.

"Does it require me to leave my bed or do something? If so then no."

"I need you to come on a double date with me and Lucas" I said with a smile trying to convince her that this is a great idea.

"Ha yea me and what boyfriend?" Raven laughed until she realized how serious I was being. "Oh God what did you do?"

"Nothing!", I said defensively, "but I already asked Mark if he would grant me this favor sooo-"

"dID YOU TELL MARK I LIKE HIM!?" Raven said enraged, "No calm down sweetie, I just asked him to hang out with you. He didn't suspect anything since you both are my best friends :)" I exaggerated the "best friends" part with an evil smirk hoping that it would guilt her into agreeing.

"You're going to give me a heart attack one day Melanie"

"That's fine"

_

That night I called Lucas to ask if he was okay with hanging out this weekend.

"Hey Melly I was just thinking about you! What's up!" Lucas said excitedly through the phone.

"Hi sorry if this is sudden but I was wondering if you would maybe want to go to the museum with me raven and Mark", there was a short pause before he responded. "So a double date?".

"Yea", I was relieved by how well he was taking this, "I mean only if you want-"

"Of course! Tomorrow or Sunday?"

"Tomorrow"

"Great, I can't wait to see you~" I began to smile at his cheesiness. "Me too, goodnight looocusss"

"Goodnight mellyyyyyy"

_

The next day I woke up anxious. Our date was going to be a trip to the museum and then a small cafe after. I went through my small closet looking for the perfect outfit. Once I finally decided on an outfit, I went onto curl my hair and finish off my makeup. I decided to take one mirror picture before I left that way I could post it later on

 I decided to take one mirror picture before I left that way I could post it later on

Once I was done I heard a knock at my door and answered hurriedly. It was Lucas, "Hey Lucas I just have to go get my purse-"

"You look amazing", I was shocked by how abrupt he cut me off and I felt my whole face getting red. "Thank you~"
"The pleasure is all mine"

I went and got my purse, cuing us to leave and head out to a cab. We headed to the museum of sex on 5th Avenue, meeting up with Mark and Raven who were waiting for us outside. As we entered the guys offered to pay for our tickets, leaving Raven and I to gossip amongst ourselves.

"Mel you look so good! I think even Mark is checking you out!" I gasped and playfully hit Raven's arm, "no way his heart only flutters for you"

Raven giggled as she responded "I can only imagine what's going through Lucas' mind right now!!", I began to roll my eyes.

"Don't jinx me! How was your mini trip with Mark?"

"It was so nice!!", Raven exclaimed excitedly, "he's so sweet, and when I said I was cold he gave me his jacket! We talked about his music and he invited me to one of his shows!" I began to smile for Raven, in my whole year of knowing her I don't think I've ever seen her this happy before. It was adorable.

Once the guys came back over we began to explore the museum, admiring to simplicity of certain pieces of art. While also making a few jokes about more absurd exhibits. As we walked, Lucas slipped his hand into mine. My heart began to beat faster than I could even count. I felt like I was on cloud 9. I could live in that moment forever.

-

As it began to rain, we all ran very quickly to a small French cafe nearby. Thankfully we weren't that wet, so we were able to sit comfortably at a little booth as we all order drinks.

Mark and I ordered hot chocolates, whereas Lucas and Raven both ordered hot coffees.

"Do any of you ever regret moving so far away from home for college?" Raven asked since she's a Bronx native herself, so she can visit her family whenever she pleases.

"Sometimes" Mark and I said in unison, causing us to chuckle.

"I don't" Lucas said confidently, "I know that I can really pursue my dreams here. I don't plan on returning home until I know I've made my parents proud" he continued. Although he always has a seemingly very goofy personality, his determination is very admirable.

"Well bro I would love to do a track with you if you wanted!" Mark said excitedly, "I've been working on this track called 'yestoday', I want to debut it at my listening party a few weeks from now."

Lucas began to nod eagerly, "I'm totally in bro!!"

"How long have you been into rapping?" I asked him curiously, "Just a few years, I'm trying to get better"

"Well if I do say so myself I think Mel and I are also great rappers!" Raven said sarcastically making us all laugh.

We all continued to converse all the way until nighttime. I felt myself getting tired but I enjoyed being in Lucas' presence too much to care. Whenever I would stay quiet for a few minutes at a time, he would glance at me to make sure I was fine. Even resting his hand on my knee a few times during our group discussion. As the the night came to a close, we all headed home in cabs thankful for such a good night.

-

I went to Mark's dorm the next morning to ask him how he felt about Raven. "So do you like her?"

He began to hesitate, "She's really nice..."
"Mark that doesn't answer my question"
"I don't think I like like her, she's nice and I would like being her friend."

I paused a little disappointed because I know how Raven likes Mark in return, he continued, "Does she like me or something?"

I smiled awkwardly, "No pfft don't flatter yourself"

Mark began to smile, "You're a terrible liar"

"So why don't you like her?" I asked because I genuinely wanted to know. I personally think that Raven is gorgeous, and her sarcasm is impeccable.

"It's not that I don't like her, I just didn't feel any chemistry between us. It felt like our conversations were forced, not authentic. I like when I can have a genuine connection with someone, like yo-" I cut him off immediately. "She was probably just nervous, you should at least give her a second chance!"

"Melanie"
"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" I said in one breath.

"Fine"