C H A P T E R | N I N E T E E N {A White Dress And A Pale Face}

*UNEDITED* DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

Dedicated to the faBULOUS @Capitalist_Company !

School on monday ew.

You guys all had a good holiday? I wasted mine in the house, getting fat and risking type two diabieties from a nuttella and seven up overdose.

Enough rambling! Enjoy zees chapta!

VOTE COMMENT AND FOLLOW <3

C H A P T E R | N I N E T E E N

{A White Dress And A Pale Face}

When I opened the door the next morning I found a newspaper, abandoned and lonely. I reached down to pick it up from the damp ground and when I felt it in my hands it was cold. He wasn't there like he was every morning with the wad of newspapers under his arm and a grin on his face.

"Is that my paper?" Auntie walked by me and stopped for a second. "No sign of that lad then?"

I shook my head and handed her the newspaper then walked out the door. Looking back didn't occur to me because I was too busy looking forwards, wondering where he was. An uneasiness I couldn't name was running through me while I walked. The windows in the house next door where blank with no sign of a person, meaning he must have already left the house. Or he was hiding.

That's how the next two days went; Carter hiding, the newspapers lonely and the windows silent. He was in class but never met my eye, there were no paper aeroplanes and he stared at the walls, anywhere- somewhere. Sometimes, when my head was turned I could feel his eyes on me, making my stomach burn, setting fire to my blood and when I tilted my head up he would be looking away. But I would catch the jerk of his head and his hands running through his messy hair. I wanted to call out, the words trembling in my throat and on my lips. But I couldn't do it because by then he was already gone.

On the third day though, when the door opened to the morning there was no paper, much to Auntie's disdain.

She sighed, un-encouraged, "does this mean I need to turn the tv on, because I don't think I can muster the courage or will to do that."

I was confused and then my head spun.

"Norah, Jordan said he was coming soon by the way, he called last night. Never had the time to tell yesterday, I guess." Auntie carried on in the living room, her voice musing. I closed the front door and headed towards Auntie. "He said that he wanted to go for lunch or something at Flora's. You know that cafe place thing by the ice-cream shop?"

I nodded.

"Yeah so I would get ready if I was you, he should be coming in ten minutes."

When the door was knocked I ran down the stairs, just hoping to see blonde and a smile. I stood there in a white dress with the door open to see no blonde and a smile different from the one in my head. "Ready to go, Norah?" Jordan grinned, his dark hair blowing in the breeze. "Hey, what happened over here?" Jordan gestured to the still throbbing graze on my forehead from the trip with Carter, the last day Carter spoke to me.

"Oh, I fell and slammed right onto my face. You know how it is. I'm fine though." I shrugged off the cynical gleam of Jordan's eyes. He frowned but let it go, his eyes lingering.

I followed him out the door but I found myself trying to see through the windows of the house beside me but they gave nothing away, not even a little breath.

"I was talking to Adam the other night and he was talking about London," he was saying and grabbed my attention. "I got a letter for you." Jordan pulled out an envelope from the pocket of his faded leather jacket and handed it to me. I stared at the crease where it was folded faintly. "You not going to open it? It's from Adam."