C H A P T E R | S E V E N {The Stair in the Back Garden}

{The Stair in the Back Garden}

The Blue Room was not the way I remembered it to be. For example: there wasn't a hidden door way in the corner of the room.

I caressed the edge where the air leaked through with my fingertips, my brain was beginning to lose attachment to my actions though that was physically impossible. The fact is, my brain was trying to be logical and smart whereas my heart and my body where screaming at me to explore. To explore the possibility of something new, something hidden. I knew that I would deflate if this split in the world was just a mere fault that had been aggravated over time.

 So as I pulled and pushed and shoved nothing budged in the slightest.

Damn it.

No, no, no, please work.

I struggled to split apart  the walls, my imagination had ran wild once again and left me with frustration. How do I always manage to think of magical possibilities and then always get let down at the end? 

I pounded at the walls, willing it to open. But to no avail. Nothing was happening and I slowly started to give up; the walls just needed cemented back up. There was nothing magical going on with the back of the Blue Room. 

Turning my back as I as slumped against the wall, I pulled my knees to my chest tightly. Crouched there in the corner by the wall I sighed in defeat. 

I wasn't the only one sighing either because in the distance an owl hooted. Wind whistled against the arms of tree's and the surface of windows, and my head dropped against the wall with a thump. Tiny pin prickles of pain shot through my skull. 

And also through my chest.

My eyes fluttered close, the moon disclosed itself through the window and shone in shafts of silver. The piano was bathed in moonlight while the room glowed, a bit like glitter shimmering in a jar.

The room was jar that couldn't really be opened, I had tried so I would know. The only way to open was to press down hard and then twist or pull. 

A light bulb switched on in my brain as I thought of that. "That's it!" I murmured to myself. "That's it." I stood up quickly after my eyes snapped open. My stomach was bubbling in shaken hopefulness. 

I would die if it worked. Like, I can't even fathom how amazing it would be. I didn't want to cram in room for doubt so with all the yearning in my stomach I pressed down on the nook of the wall. I leaned all of my body weight on it before a groan vibrated against my palms.

Holy crap. 

A burst of clean oxygen brought my hair flying and then after one last shove the gap widened to reveal a hollow pathway leading down to narrow stairs. The gap was large enough for me to slip through. 

With my candle in my hand and my blood rushing through my veins in a dizzying pace, I inched myself through the crevice. 

The stairs creaked underneath me and I winced. It was achingly loud to my ears.

I stepped down the stairs until my feet hit musky earth. I waved the candle about to make out where I was; cobwebs clung to the ceiling of dirt tendrils and wind hissed in my ears quietly. The ceiling was a few inches clear from the top of my head and the path stretched ahead of me, shrouded in darkness. 

Behind me the walls were parted and I glanced back once for just a second. 

Turned out that there was a lot going on in Auntie's mansion like house, things that I didn't notice when I was twelve years old and blind to the happenings of the world. Though, I thought that I was aware of every little detail, I was wrong.

This time I was right and the adrenaline the pumped around my body was a clear sign of that. That same adrenaline pushed me towards the darkness that awaited me but soon swallowed me whole.

 *  *  * 

I left my extinguished candle beside the gaping space in the ground just before I met another set of stairs. Awe zoned in on me as I reached the top of the second flight of wooden stairs. I emerged through a round hole in the earth. 

My breath was knocked out of my lungs in the most gentle was possible but soon enough fresh night air enveloped me in a loose grip. I laughed out loud into the atmosphere, sounding all the more hysterical as I sprinted into the greenery.

The tunnel under the ground had lead me to an alcove of tree's slanting down on the clearing from the true height of ground. 

The moon was bright and vibrant from above and my lips stretched out in a haunting smile. 

I was high on adventure.

I was high from the feel of grass tickling my feet and the twilight kissing me lightly.

All rational thoughts had vanished completely and replaced by dreams and melodies and unruliness. 

That was until I tripped on something and face planted it all the way to the grass.

A large slab of stone had been my undoing, strangely enough. It kind of just sat there, still and unmoving. 

It was similar to a missing stair in a castle, where everything was made of marble and pale granite. It was a bit weird seeing it in the middle of the ground, exdenting to atleast a few good metres. I craled over to it and sat on it.

In all its stony grace, it left my bum cold but I was comfortable.

I guess you could call it the stair in the back garden.

A/N 

Short but sweet :3 

Dedicated to my new fan :D 

VOTE IF YOU'RE EXCITED B/CUZ I KNOW I AM

COMMENT THE FEELS 

AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU LOVE ME B/CUZ I KNOW I DO ;)))