C H A P T E R | N I N E {Steaming Drunk}

[BEWARE TYPOS, WILL EDIT A BIT LATER!]

C H A P T E R | N I N E

{Steaming Drunk}

"We should get inside at one point today." Carter muttered, rubbing his stomach. "I'm hungry."

"You can go if you want."

Carter shot up instantly, "I could but are you not hungry? I'm hungry." I shrugged. I didn't feel like eating, my only desire was to lay in the grass forever, or for how long forever could last.

Pouting, Carter fell back to the ground. We stared at the sky and I closed my eyes. Daisies skimmed my cheeks and my lungs consumed the intoxicating headiness of too much fresh air.

"You're not very talkative are you?"

I shrugged.

That's how it had been for a while, Carter talking and myself shrugging with my eyes shut, to the point that I had to tell him to shut up and enjoy the scenery before it started raining. And it must have been my words that triggered it because it did start raining and my lips upturned as the droplets pitter pattered against my warm skin in a gentle rhythm. I was a bit creepy like that; smiling with a sleeping face as the water pelted down.

I liked to thing of myself as reckless in those moments of my creepiness. Carter started panicking though, jolting himself upwards and screaming about how I must have some voodo magic up my sleeve. I laughed as he freaked out ("My hair, NORAH! My hair!") and then as our hair grew damp and the sky glowered at us in a streak of grey, all I could do was feel free.

My thoughts washed away with the rain, and by then I had forgotten everything in the past- only knowing what was happening in that moment.

It all came flooding back though. Like a newly built dam being watered over by a crash of abrupt, freezing waves; A hand grasped my wrist and just like that...Everything blurred, not just from the water in my eyes, and all I could see was nothingness.

I had ran and ran, my cheeks were wet and red but a strong grip burned against my wrist like steel. I tried to wrestle free, scraping at the tight hold of the hand but it was near impossible. With my hair dripping, clothes rank and brushed by dirt, my heart screamed in my ear.

Anxiety drowned me.

Frustration, anger, helplessness, everything one big wave crashing down on me.

"No! Leave me alone-"

"PLEASE!" I croaked, choked by tears and stormed back to the present.
"Please..." My voice quivered, my shoulders shook violently and my body folder in on itself in a tight ball.

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to stop, to forget this ever happened and to not have to explain to a ghost eyed Carter what had just happened. My wrist burned, and I was so dizzy. All that I wanted to do was crawl into warm sheets and sleep it all off, not be crouched in heavy down pour.

Minutes pasted and we just remained still, perfectly stiff shoulders aching from the still control. Carter's hair was beyond saving, having been plastered to his forehead, and his hands burrowed in his jeans. I surreptitiously glanced at him, my body shivering and heaving from my heavy panting.

Carter didn't say a thing.

He took me by my shoulder and gently stood me up. He gave me a slight smile, before entwining his cold, slippery hand in mine- it became a surreal sort of comfort which I was surprised with since I would usually shy from physical contact. I sniffed.

I was a sloppy mess. The embaressment clung to me so dangerously that I felt I would die from it. "Sorry. I'm so sorry." I croaked, and cringed at the sound of my hoarse voice. "I'm just so sorry."