THIRTY

THIRTY – Ran For My Life [Victoria]

I cried as I ran. Ran for my life from the Alpha who's clothing was a thick red. A sob racked my body as I felt another demanding presence make itself known.

I felt like I'd been running forever through a maze that never ended. The only thing that let me know it wasn't a maze was because I hadn't yet ran into a dead end.

"Run all you like, I'll catch you," his voice whispered behind me. "And when I do, you will regret running, little tiger."

I know in the movies and books that they say to never look back. And as I did what they said never to do, I gasped. There was a tiger. A red tiger running for us.

At my surprise of seeing a tiger, I tripped. Tumbling to the floor like a mountain of cans crashing to the floor, rolling a little with the force that made me trip.

Not even a second later a scream ripped out my mouth, a sob cutting it short as the Alpha wolf crouched over me. I watched in horror as with one hand, he pinned me down at my throat, and his other hand...

Watching the Alpha shift his hand into his human hand of claws, I felt my eyes open wide in terror. He was going to kill me as he'd killed my mum.

I tried to struggle, but he just clamped my legs still with his own. I still had my hands, and as soon as I thought that, I was hitting him. Trying to push him off. As he didn't move, I cried at my weakness.

A roar split the air as the Alpha's hand of kitchen knife claws was coming down. The tiger was going to be too late. I slammed my eyes shut, not wanting to see my death that I knew was coming.

That was when I felt power. My power. The power that had grown when... I killed the Alpha Wolf. That made me rip my eyes open. The Alpha wolf was dead? So what was this?

A memory rushed into me then.

Nickname [Victoria's Cat]

Waking, I blinked and let my eyes adjust. I was in a room. It was furnished like a bedroom, but there was no bed. Where was I?

Lifting my head, I snarled at the pain that hit me, giving myself a moment. When I lifted my head again, there was a pain, but it wasn't as bad. At my snarl, the door had opened.

The man that stepped inside was covered in blood. It looked as though he'd tried to wash it out, but he'd failed. Miserably. Scenting the air, I scented my human's kin. Her mother. He was wearing a smile as he wore my human's mother's blood like a washed out coloured coat.

I made myself stand to face him. I wasn't sure who wobbled, but then I guessed it was me as I spread my paws for balance.

"Run all you like, I'll catch you,"his voice whispered with insane, excited eyes. "And when I do, you will regret running, little tiger."

I snarled at the threat and nickname he'd given me.

Then he was coming forward with a sharp smile. He shifted to his half-wolf-half-man form, the clothes he was wearing shredded as his muzzle elongated, his body overall became much bigger. Unlike my mate who looked graceful in his half-form, the werewolf was pure muscle made to be strength rather than grace.

I snarled as he got near, ears back against my head as I bared my teeth in warning. He didn't listen. I swiped at him with my claws out, scratching his thigh. That made him stop. With a strange expression that looked like a frown, he looked down at his thigh. Then he snarled.

Grabbing me a my throat, he lifted me. I snarled as much as I could, hitting him with my paws. His hand grabbed my paw as it went to hit him again. He smiled, I snarled.

Suddenly he knocked me off balance, slamming me into the wall that was behind me. I blinked as I fell to the floor. Seeing darkness cloud my vision for a moment. But that moment was all the Alpha wolf had needed.

He was above me, over me. I felt his knife like claws cut my skin on both sides over the tops of my hindlegs. He was...

I rolled as much as I could, I knew, as I succeeded, that I had only managed to do so because he hadn't been ready for it. He snarled as he shoved me down. I was on my side now.

I felt his power crash into me then. Alpha power. But it held nothing over me. Instead, I felt something rise. And it wasn't my human awakening from her grief. Then, as it reached a point, I knew that it was what I was. It was Omega power. It was like the North star in the sky. So bright.

Grabbing the power, I threw it out with a command to stop. Immediately the Alpha froze... until he returned to his human form.

Shift! I commanded the Alpha wolf.

Immediately he started shifting into his wolf form. It was slow as his human side didn't want to listen. But his wolf forced him because I'd commanded him too.

I knocked him off me, and pushed to my feet. I watched as the Alpha shifted, pulling in my power as I did. When there was large grey wolf in front of me, I snarled. The wolf watched me as I approached. I could see the wolf was too tired from fighting his human side to defend himself.

As I stood over him, I snarled. Moving as I had to attack the doe all those days ago, I clamped my mouth around the Alpha wolf's throat. I didn't let go until I was sure he was dead.

Revenge Is Sweet [Victoria]

As the memory came to an end, I stared as the vision of the human form Alpha wolf faded. He hadn't been real? No, he had been, but he was dead.

As the tiger came near me, I knew it was Christopher. But at that moment, I realised that I was as bad as the Alpha wolf. He'd killed my mother, so I'd killed him. People say that revenge is sweet... it wasn't. It was sour. It was... Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

I killed a man.

An insane man.

But I killed a man.

I was a murder.

God I felt sick!

My mind spun with dizziness.

I felt myself flush really hot as icy tears rolled down my cheeks.

I remembered seeing my mum laying on the ground. Dead.

I remembered the Alpha wolf human's eyes staring at me with insanity.

I remembered that the wolf was sane.

Then I remembered that Christopher had said that the werewolves had taken my murdering the Alpha wolf as an act of war.

Then I mentally passed out.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!