TWENTY-FIVE

TWENTY-FIVE – Surrounded [Victoria]

Returning home last night, mum had responded as I thought she would have. She worried and fussed. Then had a go at Lex for making me late. I was just grateful that the school hadn't phoned her saying that I'd missed the afternoon.

Walking out of school the next day with Charlie and Rick – who I found out from Lex, knew about were's existing. Lex had told him about were's and their mates, and when he'd caught my scent, it was why Rick had agreed to sit at our table without a fuss. Of course, now I didn't think he'd come to our table because Lex had asked him to, but for Charlie.

"So what's your plans for tonight?" I asked them, heading for Lex... and a load of were's? What were they all doing here?

We paused in our walking.

"Well, I'm planning to suck on a game," Charlie said, watching Rick's reaction.

As we'd expected, Rick flushed red and looked away from us. I giggled as Charlie chuckled, throwing his arm over Rick's shoulders. We'd been doing this all day, much to Rick's displeasure.

"You love us," Charlie grinned at Rick.

Rick pushed Charlie off him with a small smile. "It's the only reason I put up with you two."

Me and Charlie bumped fists. Proud that we'd finally been able to make Rick admit it.

Then Charlie continued it. "Of course, you love me more."

I rolled my eyes at them. "See you guys later."

Charlie grinned at me, Rick gave me a quick one-armed hug, then they left for the group Lex and Rick hung out with. The one without Morgan. No, Princess Morgan was walking towards Lex with her own little gang.

I felt my tiger peer out then. Watching Morgan go near our mate. As I got close, I could hear Morgan trying to get Lex back. Lex's eyes were sapphire as he glared down at her. Of course, when the other were's started to glare at her, I decided that Morgan had a death wish. For a moment, it reminded me of when I'd been making my way to the cinema. When Morgan had been there. Before everything. It seemed like years ago.

"Oh, come on," Morgan pouted up at Lex as I got close. "You're not bored of that little slut yet?"

I jumped when Morgan was suddenly lifted off the ground by a werecat. Eyes wide in terror, the girls that had been with Morgan scattered. Glaring at me as they past me. What had I done?

Hearing a choke, I reminded myself that Morgan was currently being choked to death. And Lex was doing nothing about it. Then I saw that his eyes were still sapphire.

"Put her down," I growled at the guy holding her as Lex came over and wrapped me in his arms. "NOW!"

The guy dropped her and Morgan fell to the ground like a broken doll. But before I could go over to her, she was sitting up, gasping for breath. Then she was getting up.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Sure, I never liked her. Disliked her even more because she kept trying to take Lex from me. But that didn't mean I liked people being choked in front of me.

"Whore," she said horsely before strutting away.

I stared after her as she disappeared around the corner. "Leave her!" I snapped at a werebird who was sneaking off. I said it just in case. And I was glad I did when the werebird flinched and came back with a pissed off sad expression on his face. "Beating her up won't solve anything."

The werebird sighed. "Sorry."

I smiled. Who'da thought that I, Miss. Not-known a week ago, would have a bunch of were's ready to kill people because they insulted me. Actually, all I could see it being was a pain of telling them not to kill anyone because they said a few insults.