ELEVEN

ELEVEN – Fireballs Of All Shades [JJ]

I felt a reluctant respect grow for my youngest brother as I watched him try to stand with his mate in his arms. Even though it was clearer than the night sky that Alexander couldn't even stand with only his own weight. Add his mates weight on top... he had no chance.

But after snarling at Caine, it was clear that Alexander was determined. When he fell again, he swiped at Caine with his claws when Caine got too close.

"He hasn't marked her," our father told us.

And that was when it came clear as to why Alexander with his tiger sapphire eyes, wasn't letting us near his mate. The only contact we would be allowed with his mate would be to check her health. Other than that...

Suddenly Lusan was moving. And then he took Alexander's mate from his arms. I was sure I wasn't he only one whose mouth was open in shock. Even father's eyes were wide with surprise. Everyone turned back at the sudden liger sized white tiger.

"Come on, Alexander," Lusan taunted from near the door where he'd moved to. "Come get your mate from me." Then he walked out the room.

The white tiger roared, but wobbled on his feet. I was awed by the determination in the cats eyes, even as he wobbled and zigzagged as he tried to walk. Eventually, the cat yowled... but didn't stop. Even as his body tried to give under him. He refused to have a gap between himself and his mate.

Seeing a flash of orange-red, I turned to see Taink had shifted into his tiger form and was moving over to Alexander. The white tiger greeted Taink, and after a moment, came to the conclusion to allow Taink to help him. Leaning against Taink's larger frame, Taink helped Alexander out the room and the building through the way we'd all come in.

Glancing at Caine, I could understand why Caine had wished for a mate, just as I could understand why Alexander had tried to rip Caine's arm off. Jealously and sadness reined in Caine's eyes.

"Youngest has a mate. How'd you feel Caine?" Layke asked with a grin.

Caine glared at him before following Alexander, Taink and father out.

"Back off, Layke," I growled.

Layke rolled his eyes. "Better his anger than his jealousy, Tiny."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. And then sighed as I agreed with Layke's words. Leaving the building, I saw that Lusan was crouched by Alexander with the female in his arms, Taink had disappeared, and the others were standing around.

"Can we burn the building down?" Layke asked like a kid at Christmas.

"No," father answered seriously.

"Your getting more and more boring, old man."

Father raised a brow at Layke.

"Can destroy it?" Layke asked after a pause.

"No."

"Fine, your car it is."

I held my breath to prevent the laugh at father's face.

He sighed, dropping his head back onto his shoulders. "This is why I kicked you out at fourteen, Layke." Then he sighed. "Go have fun, Layke, but be ready to leave as soon as we are."

Layke grinned. Then disappeared back into the building. I shook my head, looking to the – as weird as it was to say – more sane twin of the two. Lusan was looking at the female with calculating eyes. What was he thinking?

But before I could continue my worry, Lusan looked away from the female in time to see father's car driving towards us. As soon as the car had stopped, the boot was opened by father, and Lusan placed the female in back, then helped Alexander in after her, making the car creak with the overload of weight.

"Shift to half form, Alexander, your too heavy," father snapped.

There was a snarl, but the car visibly moved as the weight became less. Lusan joined them in the back, then the boot was closed. Just as the rest of us were climbing into the car, Taink moving to the passenger seat and father in the driver, Layke was suddenly back. Grinning like a kid.

"What have you done, Layke?" father groaned.

Layke said nothing as the car was put into drive. But then he pressed a button. There was a moment of silence. Then I swore I went deaf with the sound of the explosion. Looking back at the... where was it?

Rubble littered the ground, fireballs of all shades were flying in all directions, luckily, however, they seem to miss the trees. How the hell did he do that?

I turned to see father staring at the destruction in shock before he stopped the car, putting it in park turning in his seat. "You!"

"Cool, huh?" Layke responded with a grin.

"You destroyed my warehouse! And some of my offices!"

"I was paid quite a bit too."

Father growled at him.

Layke sighed, a fake sadness in the breath. "Sorry, dad, next time someone pays me to destroy anything to do with your business, I'll run it by you first, okay?"

Growling, father turned back and drove. "Should have killed you instead of kicking you out."

Layke grinned.

I shook my head. Talk about old times.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!