SEVEN

SEVEN – Catman [Victoria]

Waking, I couldn't stop the groan, and lifting my hand to my head. What had they done to me? My head felt like it was spinning, yet I was sure it was laying on something which told me that the spinning was internal. Taking deep breaths, I tried to not be sick. Even if our captors deserved it. If we were still with them. Maybe Lex had gotten us free.

The thought of Lex and captors made my eyes open to check my surroundings. Light! I slammed my eyes shut as the light sent a stab of pain to my head. Ow!

Feeling something cool touch my forehead, I couldn't care who it was. It was too nice. I sighed, moaning in protest when the cool towel was moved away. Distantly, I heard the towel being dipped in water and squeezed, the drops returning to the water, before I felt the towel being dabbed over my face and neck again.

"Turn off the lights," said a voice that I didn't recognise.

Not even a second later I heard a switch being flicked.

"Try and open your eyes, female," the voice said softly.

Since the voice was close, and I was guessing I was the only "female" with their eyes closed, I did as the voice requested. I braced myself for the light, but as the man in front of me had demanded, the lights had been turned off, and it was night outside. Night. God, my mum must be so worried. And Charlie? But then, they might just think that I was still out with Lex.

Wait. Where was Lex? "Lex?"

"Lex? You mean the tiger?" the voice asked.

"Yes, tiger-Lex," I responded, my words slurring.

"He's downstairs."

"Here?"

"Yes, he's downstairs, you can see him when you feel better, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good, now get some more sleep to get rid of that headache."

"Okay."

And I did.

Waking, I was grateful to find that most of the pounding had disappeared with sleep. Moving so that I could look around the room showed that there wasn't much but the comfortable bed I was on and the man by the door.

"How are you?" the man asked, and I recognised his voice from earlier.

"What are you?" I asked in return.

The man raised a brow in response. "Werewolf."

I felt my heart speed as fear built, making my breath come quicker, sharper. "Werewolf?" I squeaked.

The wolf cocked his head, and I saw in the moon light that his hair would be a light blonde, and his eyes were a dark brown, nearly black in daylight. "Why are you scared? We won't hurt you."

I blinked at his response. "What?"

"Our Alpha told us that we weren't allowed to touch you, but to cool your skin with a wet towel."

"Oh."

The wolf shrugged. "Alpha-law."

"What's an Alpha?"

The wolf blinked at me and said nothing for a couple of minutes. "Your serious?"

"Yes?"

"Your a mate to a tiger, yet you know nothing of our world?"

I shrugged. "He only realised I was his mate a couple of days ago."

"You poor human." He paused. "Does he love you?"