TWENTY-TWO

TWENTY-TWO – Phone Again [Victoria]

As Christopher growled into the phone again to another were, I wondered, for a moment, if the person on the other side of the phone would come the moment I told them I was Omega.

Omega. I shook myself mentally, feeling Lex brush his mind against mine. He was downstairs with his other brothers getting dinner ready. Caine and JJ had gone to town to empty a store of supplies since we were hoping that soon enough, Christopher's house would be over-flowing with were's.

I looked over at Christopher as he cut himself off from swearing at the were he was talking to. With the way the phone calls were going, I didn't think the house would be filling very fast.

Heaving a mental sigh, I thought about everything I'd been told.

I was an Omega.

Were's wouldn't willingly hurt me unless they were mad. And those that were sane, would hate themselves if they did.

I was like an Alpha. But I didn't have the Alpha dominating presence.

The were's around me would take to protecting me because of my Alpha-not side?

I could mind-link across prides.

I was Lex's mate. And he was mine.

At the moment, it felt like only my last point made any sense. Lex and I were mates. Nothing would change it. He was mine as I was his. It made sense. Me being an Omega? I didn't get it. I just didn't get that those around me would fight and put their life on the line to save mine. Why me? Why not others?

I sighed again, and stood as I heard Christopher's desk crack under the pressure he was holding onto it. His eyes were amber as human and as a cat. But I knew that his tiger was here at the moment.

Having a sudden feeling, I went over to him and gripped the hand that was gripping the table. Immediately his hand went slack. Pulling his hand away, I saw that the table would have probably have a chunk missing if I hadn't come over.

Taking the phone from Christopher's hand was easy. He just let me have it.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone, stopping the rant from the other end.

"Whose this?" a male voice demanded.

"My name is Victoria Evern," I replied, glancing at Christopher who was staring at me, I decided to see what would happen if I added a title. "I'm Alexander Olde's Omega."

Christopher raised a brow at that and I shrugged. It sounded better than saying "I'm an Omega". Or, at least, I thought it did, plus, for some strange reason, I wanted them all to know that I was Lex's. I growled at my cat, who only purred in response.

"Uh, hello?" I asked when I didn't get a response.

"Weretiger Omega?" the voice asked in shock.

"Yes, sir."

"Sir– You– Huh?"

I frowned as Christopher chuckled. Could he hear the guy on the other side of the phone?

Suddenly I heard whispering on the phone, he was talking to someone else. Then he came back, "What can I do for you?"

Christopher send me a glare when the guy on the other side of the phone asked me that.

I grinned. Then I remembered why we were calling the were's. To fight the wolves.

"We've been having a little problem with wolves, sir."

Christopher laughed silently as I added "sir" on the end. What was up with that?

"Problem?"

"Tell him what happened after your date," Christopher told me, no longer in a laughing mood.