TWENTY-NINE

I said that there was going to be around forty-one chapters?

There is only going to be around thirty-five now - due to short POVs from different characters (before I was making a new chapter every new POV). I've put two (I think three somewhere) POVs in one chapter so that chapters aren't too short :)

Don't worry, POV changes are in bold so you can spot them with ease :)

 .

TWENTY-NINE – Felt Every Single One [Victoria]

The shift was painful.

The snaps, the cracks. I felt every single one.

I felt the needles of fur come back into my body.

I felt every change that my body made to become human again.

I felt my paws change to hands and feet.

Felt my tail shrink into my spine.

Felt my limbs change size and angle.

Felt my face push in on itself.

Felt the shattering of my face as it and my stinging eyes as they changed back.

Felt every strand of my human hair grow on my head.

I wasn't sure if the physical pain beat the mental or not. All I could think of was that hole in her chest where her heart had been. The crimson in her hair. She hated hair dye. The mist in her eyes... The lost of colour...

I felt myself loose to the darkness that swamped over me.

Shift [Christopher]

The shift appeared painful. And it was slow. Slow enough that it would feel like torture. But she didn't let out a single whimper, her eyes just... blanked but for the hints of pain around the edges before she passed out, completing the change from tiger to human.

I winced, seeing her human form so thin and dirty. Even if it was expected since she hadn't left the spot in my office since she'd come here. Calling for Taink and Lusan, since I knew that at least one of them would still be outside, I wasn't surprised to see Lusan open the door and be the first in. After Alexander, Lusan had been taking Victoria's... silence the worst. Strange because it was him and not one of the others, even though the others weren't that much better off.

I could still hear the house listening. They'd listened to her snarl. Listened to her change. Listened to the fact that their Omega was coming back... as much as she could at any rate.

I didn't have to ask for a shirt from one of my sons. As soon as Lusan saw her back in her human form, his shirt was off, and he was covering her.

"How did you get her to shift back?" JJ asked from the doorway.

"I told her the truth," I replied. "I told her that the werewolves were attacking any were that isn't werewolf because they saw her killing the Alpha as an act of war."

"That was it?" JJ asked.

"Her Omega side wouldn't be able to cope if she did nothing to help the ones that she sees as hers."

"So why didn't you do it earlier?"

"Because like the rest of you," I snapped. "I wasn't thinking clearly until she sent out her power to send Alexander to sleep."

JJ didn't reply. I didn't feel bad for snapping at him. Not with the question that he had asked. Because his question made me feel worse knowing that I hadn't thought of telling her about the werewolves before now.

"Taink," I called. "Get Alexander, Lusan, grab Victoria. JJ, is there room as it was?" By "as it was", I meant was the bed back in it's place before Taink had thrown it out the way for Victoria's first change.

"Yeah, it is," JJ replied, moving out of the doorway so that we could head for the room. "One of the lioness washed and remade it as well."

I nodded. "Grab a couple of the lioness, ask them if they would be willing to give their Omega a bed wash."

I felt JJ nod more mentally than physically before he turned away to do as I'd asked.

Caine, I called, reaching Alexander and Victoria's room. Victoria is back to human form, I want you to give her a once over to make sure that she's fine physically.

I'll be right there, came the immediate reply.

We're in Alexander and Victoria's room.

Coming now.

Victoria slept for a while after passing out. Her body exhausted. There was a meal ready at all times for two reasons. One being so that everyone could eat when they got hungry. The second and main reason was for when Victoria woke. She was too thin. Her ribs were scarily easy to see. Her face was too thin. Overall, she was just too thin! It wasn't good for anyone, but a were being this thin? It was bad. But I knew that her being Omega would stop her from wanting to harm anyone or thing for food.

I glanced over at Lusan as he moved. Every couple of minutes, he was suddenly move from one spot in the room to another. None of us, all of my other sons and I, commented on it. I wasn't quite sure what Lusan would do if we did ask.

Attention immediately went to Victoria when she moved slightly, Lusan stopped in his tracks to watch her. I wondered, for a moment, if Lusan would have taken Victoria as a mate if Alexander hadn't. But then, when would he have ever ran into her in her lifetime?

"No more can die," the mumbled words in her sleep echoed in the room.

And then, before any of us could reply, she whispered a tortured, torn from her lips, word. "Mum?"

She twisted. "Mum?"

I couldn't take it any more when she started shaking and crying in her sleep. Reaching over, I tried to shake her awake. Out of her nightmare. "Victoria! Wake up!"

She whimpered. Making the other tigers in the room growl at me.

"She isn't growling at me," I growled back at them. "She's dreaming."

Seeing that shaking her awake wasn't working, I closed my eyes. Finding my family bond to Alexander, I saw that he was dreaming of Victoria, but moving away, I focused on finding the mating link between the pair. I shouldn't be doing this. It was an unspoken law. But she wasn't waking!

Finding the thread that held Alexander's mind to Victoria's, I looked at it first before I crossed it. Looked at it as you would an unsafe looking bridge. A bridge that looked like it could collapse with the slightest bit of pressure. I could now understand why Alexander had been panicking about their bond dimming.

We could jump it, my tiger suggest.

His idea had merit since, with Victoria and Alexander being so close to one-another physically, the gap wasn't as large as it should have been.

It's just out of range, I replied, analysing the gap. I wouldn't die if I couldn't make it, I would just be shoved back into my own mind.

We can make it.

If we use our claws to catch her mind, so that we can keep a hold of her, we'll will hurt her.

We will make it.

With a sigh, I let my tiger pour into my mental mind body, shifting my mental mind to that of my tiger. Shaking my fur, I looked at the gap again.

Taking a couple of steps back, I then ran for the gap, then once I couldn't take another step without falling, I pushed off Alexander's mind for Victoria's.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!