Chapter 24

Sera:

"Wakey wakey, Sera. Come on, you need to go see Rory." The Doctor whispered, shaking my shoulder. I opened one eyes, already fairly sure of what I would see. Everything was fading, the colour darkening to black and white as my emotions drained.

"Syringe." I muttered, slowly sitting up, rubbing my eyes, not that it would help at all. "Quickly, please."

"On it, Princess." He was quickly up and rooting in my special black case and taking out a thin needle filled with a dark silver liquid. "Hold your hair out of the way."

I did so and winced slightly as the needle dug into my skin, but the feeling of warmth and colour that came after it made it all worth while. "Thank you, Baby. Man, glad I caught that early for once. How many do I have?"

He looked. "6, but if you need more I can try to make some. Though I have no clue what you use to make these. If its you and not someone called Eugene."

I smiled sheepishly. "That is for me to know and you to find out eventually. Right, time to see Roranicus Romanous. Still not sure why he wants to see me."

The Doctor looked at me for a moment and then swooped me out of bed, spinning me around. "Does it matter? Love you, Seraphina."

"Love you, too. Go shower, I'll make us both breakfast. Waffles or pancakes?"

"Waffles. " Pause. "You sure you're all right? We can delay a little longer if you want?"

I smiled and kissed him softly. "I'll be fine, Mr Sigma. Go shower and remember to wear human clothes, not the sexy skinny suit."

I slid out of bed, not bothering to try and hide myself as I grabbed my silk dressing gown, shrugging it on as I left the room. The kitchen was a bit of a trek from the bedroom, but it was nice and the TARDIS played my favourite playlist as I walked so it was more of a dance to the room.

"Good morning to you too, Sexy! Hmmm, we owe you a proper spring clean, well, more of a autumn clean now, but the point stands, would you like that, girl?" I beamed, grabbing the ready made mix from the fridge and heating up the aga.

She hummed in response, opening the cupboard for me to grab the waffle iron. "Thank you, hun. Tell you what, not having visions is actually quite nice, no headaches, no drums and no watching the people I care about dying."

I washed my hands, rinsing the egg of them, then smiled as I saw my engagement ring. I had almost forgotten. Soon I was going to be Mrs Seraphina Tate, née Dark. I laughed and sang along to the next song at the top of my voice, dancing around the kitchen as I did.

"Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair. In 77&69 revolution was in the air, I was born to lead, to a world that doesn't care, oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair."

"In a good mood are we, Princess?" The Doctor, wrapping his arms around my waist as I opened the waffle iron. "That smells amazing, as do you" He smiled, pressing a kiss into my neck.

"Why shouldn't I be in a good mood? Got my sexy spaceship, got my yummy breakfast, going to see my brother and oh yeah, who's that gorgeous bloke I'm gunna marry, yeah he's making me very happy!"

He laughed and went to the fridge, grabbing the orange juice and pouring two glasses of it. "I actually asked Amy and Rory for permission and I say this with the utmost respect, but your sister rather scares me."

"You asked Amy for permission?! And you survived?! Damn, Doctor, she wanted to kill you after our Rory died and you left me. How did you win her over?"