Chapter 33

The Doctor:

Having Seraphina in bed next to me. It was something I hadn't gotten used to yet, just that little thrill of waking up and feeling her soft skin under my hands when I never thought I would get this thrill.

Propping myself up on one elbow, I just watched her for a while, the way her sweet little elfin face smiled in her sleep, her short ginger curls sticking up around her head like fire and how her chest rose and fell with each breath. I was so, so lucky to have her, to not be alone in this universe, and I wanted to make sure she knew that every single day.

Leaning over, I pressed a kiss to her lips, making her groan as she woke up. "Good morning to you too, Seraphina." I smirked, pulling her closer and kissing her again.

"I'm not groaning because of that, I'm groaning because if we're awake, that means Amy and Rory are definitely awake. And I really don't want to get out of this bed." She laughed, rolling over onto me and kissing my neck. I let her just kiss her way around my chest and face for a minute, before rolling her onto her back again and doing the same for her.

"I love you, baby." She sighed, cuddling into me as I stopped and resting her head on my chest.

"I love you, too, Dear. Tell you what, I'll go send the mini Ponds on a little adventure trip through the TARDIS, grab a load of food from the kitchens and come back and we can have a day in bed, cuddling and watching films?" I asked her, kissing her fluffy head and smiling down at her.

Grinning back up at me, Ser lent up and kissed me soft and sweet, making me growl back at her. "Down boy." She giggled, sitting up and wiping her wispier curls out of her eyes. "If you would like to go and set up and Easter Egg hunt for my sister and her fiance, that would be an amazing thing. Oh, and don't forget the jammy dodgers, the skittles, the mountain dew and the multiple flasks of tea."

I sighed and shook my head. "We need to do the shopping. The last time your sister got hungry she ate us out of home."

"She was on her period, Doctor. Plus, I helped. Go on, I'll help you pick, just tell me through telepathy what we still have. Or do you wanna do the shopping? I don't mind." She sighed as I got out if the bed, pulling on my bow tie print pyjamas.

"Well, we could go to that space market again, that was fun."

"Doctor, you got us kicked out because you accidentally set fire to the toy section. Let's go to asda, I know that layout so we can be pretty quick." Sera smiled, getting out of the bed and grabbing underwear and a dress from her wardrobe and heading for the bathroom. "I'm having a quick shower, go tell Ame's and Rory the Roman what we're doing."

Once the bathroom door clicked shut, I padded barefoot up the corridor to where Amy and Rory had been sleeping since the man had started traveling with us. I knocked on the door, waited a moment, and then opened it.

"Doctor? What's up?" Amy asked from the floor where she was painting her nails. Rory was lying on the top bunk of the bed, reading a medical journal. He must have found the library.

"Were going shopping, so make a list of the things you need/ want, as long as vegetables and lamps aren't on there. Oh, and make sure that apples and yogurts aren't on the list please."

Amy started laughing and threw a pillow off her bottom bunk at me. "I happen to love yogurt and Rory eats apples like Seraphina drinks mountain dew. How long til we leave?"

Rory jumped down to the floor and checked his wallet before handing me two pieces of paper out of it. "Here, this should help towards our share of food and other things."

I stared bemusedly at the paper. "Rory, we don't use normal humaney money, we use the psychic paper like one of those weird plastic card things, the ones that just need to be swiped."