Chapter 40

Sera:

The Doctor and I stuck our heads out of the TARDIS, looking around. "No, Amy, it's definitely not the fifth moon of Cindie Colesta. I think I can see a Ryman's." Then something exploded, throwing us to the ground as the TARDIS, Amy included, started to dematerialise. "Amy! Amy!"

There was nothing we could do, just watching her go, then I turned to the Doctor, who was looking lost. He'd been in there for the past 850 years, that was the only home he'd ever known since the Academy. "Doctor, what do we do? My Angel, what do we do?"

DW

"Are you kidding me? You're screwdriver is gunked up with tea, mine is on the TARDIS, and we need money. You are so, so lucky, that I always have this!" I muttered, getting out my phone and sliding out my debit card. I hadn't touched my account since I'd moved back in with him, and I had about £25000 in there.

The Doctor just grinned, pulling a paper bag out of his pocket and taking the card. "Your pin still the same, yeah? Lovely." He took out some amount, not sure how much, and stuffed it into the bag, then turned and took my hand. "Ready to head to our new abode for the next few days?"

Sighing, I let him pull me away from the ATM, before some copper turned up to see why Alice Pond had used her card, nearly 3 years after disappearing. We headed off down the street, finding the right one from the note Amy some how left us, and then knocked on the door. There was a long wait, and then the person looking for a flat mates. "I love you."

The Doctor beamed at him while I just smirked. "Well, that's good, because we're your new lodgers. Do you know, this is going to be easier than I expected."

He took the fluffy pink keys from him, and the Bluetooth's in our ears flashed a little. "But I only put the advert up today. I didn't put my address."

"Well, aren't you lucky we came along? More lucky than you know. Less of a young professional, more of an ancient amateur, but frankly I'm an absolute dream. And my partner here, she's an amazing woman to live with. Trust me, we've been living with her parents for what, 3 years now?"

"Hang on a minute, mate. I don't know if I want you two staying. And give me back those keys. You can't have those."

"Yes, quite right. Have some rent." He gave the man the paper bag, and I saw that about a quarter of my savings were in there. "That's probably quite a lot, isn't it? Looks like a lot. Is it a lot? I can never tell." We were lead into the hallway, and I spotted that the lights upstairs were flickering. "Don't spend it all on sweets, unless you like sweets. I like sweets. Ooo." The Doctor then gave the man a couple of air kisses, making me shake my head. !That's how we greet each other nowadays, isn't it? I'm the Doctor. Well, they call me the Doctor. I don't know why. I call me the Doctor, too. Still don't know why."

He gave me a strange look as I gave him an apologetic smile. "Craig Owens. The Doctor?"

"Yep. And I'm Seraphina, but you can either call me Sera, or Phina. Who lives upstairs?"

"Just some bloke."

Interesting. "What's he look like?"

"Normal. He's very quiet." There was a crash as the Doctor went into the kitcheny type area of the house. "Usually. Sorry, who are you again? Hello? Excuse me?"

The Doctor was inspecting the ceiling, and a icky looking dark stain. "Ah. I suppose that's dry rot?" He asked, looking back at us as I took off my cardigan. Wraps may look nicer, but they limit your use of hands.

"Or damp. Or mildew."

"Or none of the above." I added.

"I'll get someone to fix it." Craig told us, trying to tidy up a little bit.