Chapter 20

The Doctor:

Buses, never liked them. But unfortunately, the TARDIS had decided that she didn't want to be anywhere near what was going on, so I had to take the stupid bus. I sat down next to a woman dressed in black, eating an Easter Egg, as you do on Easter Saturday, but she just seemed a bit shocked by me. To be fair, I'd not slept in a while so probably looked a bit haggard.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor. Happy Easter." I grinned, holding it out to her. "The funny thing is, I don't often do Easter. I can never find it. It's always at a different time. Although I remember the original. Between you and me, what really happened was." But then my little machine starting bleeping. "Oh. Sorry, hold on to that for me. Actually, go on, have it. Finish it. It's full of sugar and I'm determined to keep these teeth."

I started faffing around with it, when a familiar voice sounded a bit frustrated coming down the stairs. "I thought I said that you should leave me alone for a while?"

I looked up to see Sera. "Ah, right. Sorry, Love, I didn't mean to do this, looking for something. Ah. Oh, we've got excitation. I'm picking up something very strange."

"Yeah, I know the feeling." Both the girl next to me and Sera muttered as she sat in the chair behind us.

"Rhondium particles, that's what I'm looking for. This thing detects them."

"The dish is supposed to go round, moron." Sera reached forwards and flicked the dish.

I grinned. "Ah, the little dish is going round."

The woman next to me lent away. "Fascinating."

"And round. That's not good." My ex-girlfriend reached forwards and grabbed it, standing up and walking around the bus. And then it sparked out over some blonde woman's hair.

"Excuse me, do you mind?"

"Sorry, that's his little dish."

"Can't you turn that thing off?"

"What's your name?" She asked, practically shoving her chest in my face to talk to the girl.

"Christina."

"Christina, hold on tight. Everyone, hold on!" She shouted, just as the bus jolted about, everything falling apart, metal screaming.

When the bus had stopped jolting, I realised that Sera was fully sitting on me now, her eyes hidden in my chest and my hands resting on her hips. Then she was up again and ran off the bus into the golden sunlight. "End of the line. Call it a hunch, but I think we've gone a little bit further than Brixton."

While everyone was was panicking, Sera was digging through her bag for a pair of sun glasses, the same with Christina. "Ha! Girls are ready for every emergency!"

Just to show off, I sonicked my smarty specs to tint the glass. "Me too."

"You are such a smarmy pants, you know that?"

"And what are your names?"

"The Doctor."

"The Writer."

"Names, not rank."

"The Doctor"

"The Writer"

"Surnames?"

"The Writer"

"The Doctor."

"You're called the Writer and the Doctor?"

"Yes we are." We answered at the same time.

"Those are not names. Those are psychological conditions."