Prologue

"After the end of the fifth world war, the damages were almost beyond repair around the whole of earth..."

I stopped reading the World History electronic book for a while and glanced to my ever so attentive students. Paragraphs after paragraphs, and all I got was nothing. Most of them were simply falling asleep; others were drawing on their textbooks while others just talked to each other. Typical teenagers never bat an eye on this subject.

"Kenneth!" I strictly called the drooling kid seated at the back of the class which made everyone pay more attention. Kenneth wiped the drool off his cheek and then stood up and listened to my question.

"How did our good Land of Carmica cope after the fifth world war?" I asked assuming most students already know their own
Nation's history.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. I really do not know." He said with hesitation but I could sense the fake ignorance in his voice. He just decided not to answer the question. I sighed then let him take his seat before explaining.

"Carmica held a summit with the cities that we now know as Kingdoms to agree on one thing to help keep the Nation going. What is that one thing that the whole Carmican Nation agreed on?" I asked with a loud voice for the whole class to hear.

I saw a couple of hands shooting up to the air. I randomly called one of them.

"Alisha."

Alisha stood up and answered with confidence, "We proposed the Hue system, which was our version of the hierarchy. Golds are royals, Blues are noblemen, Reds are the working class, Whites are servants and Blacks are rebels and outcasts."

"Very good." I said then had her seated.
The class was as good as dead so I thought I should give them something to pay attention to.

Then I had an idea. I shut the World History EBook to which the hologram displayed also shut down. I placed it in my bag. I dug my hand into my bag to find my other book which I then pulled out.

"I know this class is getting really boring so I'm going to be telling you all a true story. Our test tomorrow would be solely based on that story so pay close attention. Agree?" I said as I flashed the little old leather-clothed book in front of my students. My enthusiasm sparked the whole class as they all nodded in agreement.

I sat on my chair that was positioned in front of the whole class who were now all eyes and ears. I opened my book and then started...

"Get ready to learn about History..."