Chapter 5 (Rewritten)

Dipper POV

The switch from seeing a bright light blue to the excruciating colour of white was a shock to my eyes. My face scrunched up in pain, eyes burning from the sudden change. It occurred to me that I didn't even ask myself where I was anymore. I was used to so many weird things by now, nothing surprised me. Laying in a complete void of white light felt like it was just a part of a strange routine I had learned myself over the weeks.

The thing that did surprise me, was ironically something I had grown used to as well.

"Seems like Gravity Falls really has affected you, kid. Ahw, did I scare ya, Pinetree?"

The voice of Bill Cipher. It felt more familiar than the sound of my alarm in the morning, and yet it scared me. His presence made me afraid to think of where I actually was. The last thing I remembered was the feeling of heat, and the sight of hot blue flames surrounding me. Was this some kind of afterlife? Was I dead? Or was this the Nightmare Realm, where Uncle Ford had been trapped in for years?

"Nope, not yet, and not even close! Bill said, visibly enjoying my state of confusion. I simply crossed my arms, not giving him the satisfaction of getting annoyed.

"Ahw, you're boring kid. You usually would've started screaming by now. That's why you were my favourite puppet to talk to!"

Rolling my eyes, I couldn't help but say: "If you think I'm so boring, you could let me leave? Or no, I would rather have you explaining to me what on earth happened to me in that bathroom. I was burning, Bill."

"There's the Pinetree I know. I don't know if I missed it or not. I like this sassy attitude you have now! But you wanted me to tell ya what happened in the bathroom, ey?"

I nodded, raising my eyebrow impatiently.

"Well how about a little deal-"

"No."

"Aahw, Pinetree you know how I-"

"No."

"But-"

"Still no, Bill."

I think that was the time I saw a floating triangle pout for the first time. It was ridiculous, but I saw in his eye that he liked how I was talking back to him. Which was the opposite of what I wanted.

"Fiiiine, humans are so boring," He exclaimed while summoning two red, velvet chairs to sit down onto. "Let me explain kid,"

I sat down, and expected to either fall into a trap or sit on something very painful. But I didn't. The cushions were soft, and there was nothing suspicious I was feeling. Maybe Bill actually was going to explain what had happened, without making a deal?

"When a demon is in a rare state of emotional distress, they get either very weak or very strong. If you make a demon angry, you'll fuel their power and make them stronger than they'll ever be. But when a demon is sad or in panic, they'll get weak. So weak, however, that they have to cover themselves in flames to protect themselves from any physical contact hurting them. The least amount of damage will kill them. That's why demons always seem to be the saltiest beings you've ever encountered. Especially Pyronica. Ugh, I hate her."

Even though Bill's snarky remark ruined the suspense, I was on the edge of my seat. Every new information about demons or, any creature for that matter, always grabbed my fascination. Making mental notes, I promised to remember everything he said to write about in my journal later.

But then I realized.

"That is not my question, Bill. I'm a human, and we're not exactly known for covering ourselves in flames when we get sad. Did you have to do something with this? I need to know what happened, Bill."