Isaac

After I told my father the truth he refused to listen any further.  So I just slept with Benny and his family. 

"You should have told him sooner man. I knew this was gonna happen. "

     " Really?  You knew that my father would disown me and that I would put my own girlfriend in danger? " I said angrily.

" Sorry Benny.  It's just hasn't been a good day. "

" It's fine. And I'll tell you something.  That girl is probably the best fit for you."

" She's certainly something else. "

                                       ...

     I woke up abruptly when gunshots rang through the air.  War had started.  Then I heard screaming people.  I ran outside a to try to find Gemma.  I ran with arrows flying through the air and people dropping like flies. 

     An arrow had just brushed against me and I saw a small cut on my shoulder.  Not too serious so I kept going.  I looked everywhere but there was no sign of her.  Then it hit me.

                            The garden.

     I didn't know what I would see when I got there.  Would she be alive would she be dead?  Was she injured or fine?  I didn't have a clue.  Until I got there.  My heart sunk.

     She was laying on the ground motionless.  Her eyes were closed. I dropped to the ground and started sobbing.  Then I remembered, Benny is a medic and I had my radio on.

"Benny... Benny this is Isaac.  I need you at sector 316 with medical supplies NOW man down,  man down!"

     I grabbed the fence with my hand and tried everything to get to her.  I still didn't know if she was alive. All I knew was that she was hurt. 

" Isaac!  What's the problem? " Benny shouted.

" It's Gemma. I don't know what's wrong with her but I need to know. "

     " How are we gonna get through this fence? "

" I'll climb up. "

" Dude no way.  That's like killing yourself!"

" It's the only way to save her. "

" But the barbe wire, you'll be cut to shreds. "

" I don't care.  I just want her safe."

     I climbed the fence and reached the top. I had barbe wire to go through.  I made it with just a few surface scratches.  I jumped down and looked at Gemma.

" She's been shot in the side." I told Benny.

" Is she breathing? "

I put my ear to her chest and listened.

" Yeah barely.  We have to move fast."

     I picked her up and put her over my shoulder.  I climbed the fence and made it to the top.  I gently lowered Gemma to Benny and jumped down. 

"Is she gonna be okay? "

" Hard to tell.  We need to get back to the medical center.  Maybe they can help."

     " What about her father?"

" You'll have to go get him. "

Great Gemma is hurt, possibly dying and I have to tell her father.  I'm the last person he wants to see right now. 

"Fine I'll go get him. "

" Good luck man."

     I went back over the fence and tried looking for Gemma's dad. I came across some soldiers from the other side.

"Wait!" I shouted

They turned around and aimed their weapons at me.

"Take me to Mr. Slade. I have information about his daughter. "

     They put down their weapons and grabbed me by the arms. They took me to Gemma's father. 

"Sir enemy soldier.  Says he has information about your daughter. "

" Let him speak. "

     " Sir I know I'm the last person you want to see right now,  but Gemma is hurt badly.  She could be dying.  I need to take you to the medical center."