Gemma

So there I sat with Marcus and my father.  My father going on about the legacy and needing an heir as soon as possible. I could tell that Marcus was all too happy about the whole thing. Who wouldn't want their son to be heir to a legacy that's centuries long. 

     Then Marcus left for night duty.  And he asked my father’s permission to kiss my cheek.

AND HE GRANTED IT!!!

After he kissed my cheek he left and father and I went to bed.  I slept for an hour and headed out to the garden. 

     On my way I ran into Marcus. 

" Gemma!  What are you doing outside it's dangerous.  We're just a few words a way from another fight with the phantoms."

" I just wanted to go for a walk.  Nothing wrong with that. "

     " Fine,  just be careful.  I don't want my future wife to get hurt. "

" Okay. "

I ran once I got out of his sight.  When I got there I saw Isaac. 

" Isaac we need to talk. "

" Okay.  What's going on? "

" My dad found a suitor for me. And we're getting married in two months. My father planned the whole thing. "

      " Well my father did something like that too.  He has me courting this girl I knew as a child. "

" Once again we're in the same boat."

" What are we gonna do? "

" I don't know.  We can't tell them that we found each other.  And if I go missing everyday my dad and now fiancé are gonna panic. "

     " That's an issue. Well how about... yeah I got nothing."

" So is this it?"