Isaac

I woke up and Tommy and Benny had already gone to breakfast. With last minute training today for shooting tonight, there's no way I would be able to tell Gemma about it in time. i walked out of the barracks and to the mess hall. 

"Hey look who finally decided to wake up this morning." Tommy shouted.

"Yeah we thought that we would have to drag you here by your hands and feet so you wouldn't miss grub."  Benny replied.

"Well that wasnt needed." I said wiping the sleep from my eyes.

        "Well, we're glad you got some sleep, night training as soon as the sun goes down 'till it comes up again. we need every minute." one of the trainees said.

After breakfast I was told I had a visitor at the gate. To my not so surprise, it was my father.

"Son, I'll just get to the point. You remember  Mallory Jacobs from when you were a boy?"

 "Yes sir."

"Well, her father came to the house lastnight asking for my blessing for the two of you to court. Officially."

        Just my luck, I meet the girl of my dreams the day before my father tells me I have to court another.

"I don't know father, she seems a bit... out there, don't you think?"

"Nevertheless I agreed to a trial date. Just so the two of you can see what it will be like."

"But father..."

"Good, now we'll see you at the house tomorrow evening. Your mother is making you wear a suit instead of your military dress. See you then son."

        Great just peachy. now i have to keep Gemma a secret from everyone, and keep Mallory a secret from Gemma! Can this day get any more stressful? I go back to the camp and tell Benny and Tommy about Mallory.

"Dude, you don't know how lucky you are. I mean Mallory Jacobs! She's every man's dream!" Tommy said.

"Guys this is an issue for me." i said.

"How?" tommy asked me.

As I told them about Gemma they started to understand.

"Man, what are you gonna do? I mean, if you're seeing her tonight, but not tomorrow night, how are you gonna explain it. Women are tricky like that." Benny said.

        "Not this one. She's smart and whitty, and has guts. She'll find out what's going on if i blink wrong." I said.

"Here's what it comes down to... tell her the truth." Tommy said.

"Ha, like thats gonna keep me safe." i said sarcastically.

"Well, just see how it goes once you see her tonight." Tommy answered.

He looked up in the sky and said " Almost sunset guys we better get going."

        We walked to role and we were off. I went in the same direction I went in when i first met Gemma. West. Once i got to that garden I waited until Gemma got there.