Gemma

I left Isaac and ran back home. I made it just in time. Enough time to start breakfast.  I grabbed a basket and walked over to the community garden.  I picked a bunch of strawberries, oranges, and a watermelon.  Then I went to the chicken coop and grabbed two eggs. 

     When I got home dad was already awake. 

" Morning sleepy head."  I said trying to make it sound like I've been up for a while.

"Morning sweetheart. "

" I got some eggs this morning. "

" Good. We need protein. "

     I cooked the eggs and chopped up the fruit.  Then I made orange juice.  I made sure to save some for when I see Isaac. I brought out the food and the juice. 

" My my my. A feast.  What's the occasion?"

In my head I said " I just had the best night of my life with a guy I really like." But I couldn't say that.  But my dad said something else. 

"I think I know. Someone finally decided on a suitor.  Great I'll call Marcus tomorrow! "

     " But dad..."

" I know I know.  Don't worry I'll try to stay alive a little longer. To help you two get started. "

There was nothing I could do.  He just insisted.  I have to tell Isaac. But how? I don't know how he's gonna take it. 

     After that I went to find Mary and Kida. To tell them what happened.

"Are you serious?  He just assumed you want that? " Mary said

" Yeah. I don't know what to do. He was so happy I just don't want to ruin it."

     " So you would rather marry a stranger than tell him you're in love with the enemy? " Kida asked.

“ yes... no... I don't know! "