Isaac

"So is this it?"

There was no way I was gonna let her marry a man neither of us wanted her to marry. But what could I do? I'm the enemy. 

" I don't know.  We'll figure something out."

" How?  This guy is a night guard and you have training in the morning. "

     " Then that leaves the afternoon. "

" Really?  You want to have a secret meeting in broad daylight? "

" It's our only option. "

She waited a few seconds.

" I must be crazy, but okay. "

     We talked about this for two hours.  She would tell her father that she would be with Mary and/or Kida.  And I would ask Sargent to train independently every afternoon. That's the only way we could make this work. 

     I'd still see her but we would be limited to a few hours a day.  Which was fine but that mean more time for this Marcus guy to move quickly.  And didn't want that.  When the sun was high in the sky we said goodbye.  As much as it hurt me I had to do this. I had to continue to see Mallory until we worked things out. 

     And Gemma had to plan her wedding until the time was right.  Then we would tell our fathers about each other.  I just hope the war doesn't start back up and ruin everything. 

     I got back to camp and then I realized something was off. Benny and Tommy were gone. And the camp was quiet.  I found Sargent and asked what was going on. 

"Time to grow up faster than planned my boy. Time to pack up and ship out. "

" What do you mean sir?"

     " War."

Oh no... war started. And our first mission. .. attack on all civilians.