Chapter 32 - Mehandi

Dev's POV:

I am happy for Ahana. She got her family members back. Of course, except her mom. I don't understand what her problem with Ahana is. When her family members can talk happily with Ahana, why can't she? Is there any other reason for her to behave like this with Ahana? I need to find out and solve this. Because my queen deserves all the happiness in the world and I am going to do what all I can do for her.

Anyways, today is haldi and mehandi function. Sadly, I cannot see Ahana today as per the customs. I feel like telling them to go to hell with their customs but I better not if I want my marriage with Ahana to happen. Hmm..

"Dev bro, what are you cooking in your brain? Thinking ways to meet Ahana?" asked Nishi.

"No. Nothing like that" I said immediately, too immediately for my liking.

"Ohh really! So, you don't want to talk with her? Are you not thinking about her?" asked Anurag.

"No, I am not. Do you think I will do it all the time?" I asked trying to sound normal because I don't want them to find out that I am doing exactly what they are accusing me of. I want my Ahana. But if I admit this, they will never leave this matter until they embarrass me in front of my queen.

"I am sorry Ahana. Dev doesn't want to talk to you. I know you are eager to speak with him but he has no time it seems" said Tanya. I turned and saw her on phone. WHAT!!!!

"Hey Tanya. Give me the phone now" I yelled and tried to take it but Nishi and Anurag stopped me. Rani took the phone from her.

"Good Rani. Give me that now" I said extending my hand to her.

"Ohh not so fast Dev. Hey Ahana. I am sorry yaar. Dev is not as excited as you to talk" she said faking sadness.

"Don't you think that you have to rethink about this marriage?" she asked on the phone. Ohhnoo!!!! I released their hold and grabbed the phone from her and immediately told, "No Ahana. Don't baby, my queen. I love you. I am just not admitting to these idiots" I said.

But I didn't hear anything from the other end. I looked at the phone and it is displaying home screen. Did she got angry and cut the call?

They all started laughing looking at me.

"You all are stupids. I will kill you all if Ahana doesn't marry me" I yelled. They laughed hard. Even that dump Nirshi is rolling on the floor laughing. Like literally he is on the floor clutching his stomach and laughing his ass off. They all have gone mad.

"Ohh Dev. See your face. It became red like a tomato" said Tanya. Rani controlled and told me, "This is a prank Dev. We didn't call Ahana"

"WHAT? You all are crazy" I said but I am relieved that they didn't call her.

"No. YOU are crazy for Ahana" said Anurag laughing.

"Like you are whipped by Rani" I said smirking. That shut him up. Gotchaa...

"What will Ahana think when she sees this video?" said Bhavin and Kaira coming to us.

"What video?" I asked doubtfully. Now what did they do?! He showed me the camera in his hands laughing.

"You ...You... recorded it!!!" I asked shocked. They all burst out laughing, again. What did I do in my previous life to do deserve these people?!! I might have done a big crime. A very big one. I huffed.

"Okay stop guys. Come dev, time to apply haldi for you!" mom said excitedly. Ohh I hate haldi (a function where turmeric powder is applied on bride and groom. It is also believed that turmeric powder removes dirt on the face and brightens it up). But it is compulsory.