Chapter 31 - The talk

Wow... 2 chapters in a day!!! Isn't that great!!!

------------------------------------------------

Ahana's POV:

We enjoyed a lot taking pictures and having fun. For once in my life I felt at ease even with my family around. I could care less of what my family, relatives think of me. This is my life and my engagement. At least I am happy they didn't deny me as their daughter and are marrying me off. This would be the only good thing they would be doing for me.

Soon the function is over. I went to my room to fresh up but am shocked to see Dhruv sitting on my bed.

"Dhruv? What are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"I want to speak with you" he said continuing, "please listen to me once"

"And why should I do that?" I asked. He remained silent.

"Did you listen to me when I tried to tell you the truth?" I asked angrily and continued, "You didn't even give importance to our years of friendship. Now, with what right have you come to speak with me? How could you think that I would even want to listen to you?"

I know that I bursting out all my anger on him. I am shocked that I have this stored in me. I think I needed this. I needed to confront him and leave him too behind just like how I decided to do with my family.

"I am.. I am sorry" he said.

"I am sorry for what I have told you. I was wrong" he said coming to me and holding my hands.

"But please listen to me. We both need to do this. We cannot go on in this way" he said. Even though I hate to accept, he is true. If I really want to leave something, then at first, I have face it and take the decision with my whole heart. Then there will be no regrets later. I nodded at him to continue.

"I should have listened to you and stopped my marriage. I got punished for what I did to you" he said and continued, "please forgive me"

"You hurt me deeply when you spoke like that" I said, no longer yelling at him. "Do you know how much I was hurt by your words? I thought you were the only one who genuinely cared for me and accepted me for who I am. I thought that you... you understood me Dhruv". He looked down guiltily.

I sighed and continued, "You are right, we both need a closure. We cannot prolong this" he looked up at me. I can see hope in his eyes. After all he was once my friend and I knew how to read emotions in his eyes. "You are married to my sister and we might have to face each other in different occasions. So, I will forgive you to not create any awkwardness between us" He smiled and opened his mouth to say something. But I stopped him and said," But I cannot forget whatever you have done. At the same time I don't want to live thinking about this. This closure is important for me"

I took my hands from his after saying my decision. He nodded and remained silent for a few minutes.

"Thank you for doing that. I am happy to get you back" he said.

"Wait. We cannot be friends again Dhruv. I forgive you but that doesn't mean I will befriend you again as the time goes. I thought you will always be there for me but you proved me wrong. You will be my BIL and I will be your SIL, that's it" I said with confirmity.

"But you love me!!!" he exclaimed.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"You love me Ahana. I know about the letter and your feelings. I realized my love for you after knowing the truth. Maybe we can stop this marriage and -" he started but I stopped him.