Chapter 12 - Pooja

Dev's POV:

A few days went on after our city tour. I have tried going to her college with project work as the reason and tried to talk with her as much as I could. But she seems to be reserved and I feel that something is bothering her. That day, at mall and in the city tour trip also, she seems to be disturbed by something. I didn't compel her to tell me, even though that is exactly what I want to do. I don't like seeing her sad. We still don't know each other well. If I take a single wrong step, I may never be able to get close to her.

I thought hard on how to speak with her and at the same time make her also comfortable with me. I wish she could tell me what is bothering her.

Suddenly my phone rang interrupting my thoughts. It is from mom.

"Hey mom"

"Hey Dev. Me and your father are thinking to conduct Sri Ram pooja at home, the coming Saturday. Is that ok with you? I want you and Nishi to be present for sure" she said. Even though my mom will be friendly with us she is strict in some things like Pooja.

Thinking about Pooja, I suddenly got an idea.

"Mom is it ok if I invite my friends also?" I asked.

"Yeah no problem" she said and hung up. I will invite Ahana. This will be a good chance to speak with her and get on her good side too, may be. I smiled at my brilliant idea.

Wow.. Dev boy.. you have finally got a good idea.

During lunch...

"Guys... we are having Sri Ram pooja at home, this Saturday. I would like it if you all also come" I said.

"Yeah sure" they said.

"Tanya, call your friend Ahana also" I said.

"Really! Thanks, I will. Even I was wondering that she will be alone if I go with you guys" she said.

"No problem.. From now on you can tell her to join us at any time she wants. Someone else will be so happy if you do so" said Bhavin. I kicked his leg under the table.

"What? What is with you Bhavin? Even on Abhi's birthday you spoke in the same way, saying that someone was happy to see Ahana" Tanya asked suspiciously.

"It is nothing. Aren't you happy, Tanya? That is what I was telling" he tried to cover up. Thankfully she left the subject and didn't pester.

Ahana's POV:

On Saturday...

Tanu asked me to join them for Pooja at Dev's home. I was hesitant at first but she assured me no one has any problem if I come and it won't be awkward. Since it is Pooja, I was not able to decline.

I decided to wear a saree. I was habituated like that. At my house, they are strict regarding Pooja. We are supposed to wear saree which does not have black color. But I always wonder why, because God only gave that color like other colors and our hair is black too. Then, what is the problem in wearing black? But I didn't question them, as I know they won't answer. It is something which is being followed from generations.

It is good that I brought a few sarees with me when I moved to Pune. I selected a light color one with appropriate bangles, jhumki (earrings) and chain. (Please see the picture)

 (Please see the picture)