Chapter 27 - Proposing

Ahana's POV:

He came to me, took my hand in his and slowly moved me to the center of the room where he was initially standing.

"How is it?" he asked in his husky voice.

"I am speechless" I said looking into his eyes.

"Thank you, my queen. I am too, by looking at you" he said. I blushed.

"You are so beautiful Ahana"

"You are handsome too Dev" I said.

"Seriously Dev, when did you prepare all these? I know that the setting of different romantic places all there in this place initially but still when did you book it?" I asked. I can clearly see that he made a great effort to prepare this. And on top of that he has to make the management here convinced and ask people around for support.

"A few days back" he said shrugging. I smiled at him. I looked around the place, trying to avoid looking at this man here who is looking dashing. I am shocked to see the photos we have taken in these 2 months, pasted here, around us. I am so happy that he cherished these photos and did all these for me. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. This is all too much and it made my heart swell with hapiness. I am shocked to see him on his knees.

"Ahana, I liked you the moment I saw you. I tried my best to be with you all the time. I was afraid that if the project with the college is over then I may not be able to see you. But I am glad that you gave me a chance to express my feelings towards you and took a step towards me and thought of me. I know that it was hard on you to accept the new things and new relationships after all you have faced. But believe me when I say, you are the brave girl I have ever known.

Ahana, you mean the world to me. I trust you and I want you to trust me and give me a chance to become your present and future. I can see a future with you. If you feel the same, will you marry me?" he asked showing me a beautiful ring.

I am left speechless. I am not able to get any words from my mouth. I know that we love each other. I can see a future with him. I nodded, to indicate yes, continuously, not able to say anything. Finally, I gathered words and courage and said, "yes, Dev. I will". His face beamed with happiness. He came to me and shouted, "PhomRakKhun, Tequiero, CintaKamu".

"What does that mean?" I asked. He laughed and said, "CintaKamu in Bali, Tequiero in Ushuaia, PhomRakKhun in Thai... they all mean I love you " he said kissing my cheek. I blushed.

"PhomRakKhun, Tequiero, CintaKamu" I repeated. He laughed and said it is Chan RakKhun in Thai to say to a boy. I repeated it.

"I Love you Ahana" he said

"I love you" I said too. He put the ring on my finger. On the ring, also, it is written inside, "marry me".

We kissed and hugged each other tightly. This is my first kiss and I am happy to have it with the man I love. And I am happy to hear that I am his first love and first kiss.

Soon, our moment ended when the food arrived. At the sight of the food, my stomach growled. Then I saw that the time is 8:30pm, already!! I am so excited that I didn't see the time. I tend to forget the time when I am with Dev.

Dev pulled the chair for me like a gentleman before sitting in front of me.

"The food is so good" I said. He smiled.

"Now I understood why Tanu asked about the saree I am wearing" I said pointing to his matching suit. He smiled sheepishly rubbing his neck.

"yeah. That is my idea. I thought this would be good. In fact, all our friends helped me in decorating this place" he said. I smiled and noted to thank them later.

"My parents are so happy when I told them I am going to propose you" he said. I blushed and asked, "You told them!!! Ohhh no... What they might think of me!"

"No need to worry my queen. As I said, they are happy. They liked you from the start" he said. I sighed in relief.

"I am sorry Dev. I am not friendly to you from the start" I said.

"No problem. I am happy that you gave me a chance. No such talks now" he said dismissively with his hand.

"Do you want your family to be there for your marriage?" he asked out of blue. I thought about it and nodded yes. Even though they are not good towards me, they are still my family and it is high time I show them that I too can be happy without them.

"I don't want you to go near them anymore. But if this what you want, then I will be with you in every step. Show them, how wrong they are. Show them, how happy you are" he said squeezing my hand.

"But I am not sure, if they will accept you or not. I don't know if they will be happy since I am getting a better person as my hubby than Charvi" I said squeezing his cheeks. He raised his eyebrows.

"Really, are they like that? I couldn't' believe that such low people even exist!" he exclaimed and immediately send looking at me, "no offence huh"

I brushed off saying, "None taken"

"I understand. But Charvi already got married and there is nothing they could do about it. They can't find someone and re-marry her. So there is no way for them to not accept us" he said.

"okay then check for yourself. Call them as someone else and check, by asking for my hand. If what you said is true then I will be happier" I said. But I don't think my so called family will take this positively. From what I have understood of them, they don't want me to be happy. They may not change Charvi's husband but they will try to change mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know that it is a small chapter after a long one. But some things are good and meaningful if they are short and sweet... Don't you guys accept with me !! :)

Share your views by commenting dear friends.