CHAPTER 18. LOVE, WORK & LITTLE TROUBLES

1 MONTH LATER ...

KRITI P.O.V

What I liked the most about Patiala was its low traffic compared to other capitals of states. The traffic was highly organised, the road were straight and wide. Traffic rules were mostly followed, and it clearly was a change from Mumbai. To be honest, I was really bothered by Mumbai's heavy traffic.

Every single time, it was literally impossible to arrive on time to whenever you had to get to. Being an impatient chick, I would be huffing under my breath at every stop and start of the cars in front of me. And, my driver, being the most cool-headed and composed man ever, would try to calm me down the whole ride.

Not only that, I loved its enchanting gardens, impressive architecture, lush greenery, multi-hued flowers in various spellbinding gardens, pleasant water features such as fountains. The many beautiful attractions helped the city live up to its sobriquet 'The Royal City'.

I had missed being there. I stared out the car window, gardens, buildings, lakes passing by us like wind. The scenery was striking, the wind that grazed against my skin sent a shiver down the length of my spine.

We were back in Patiala a little more than a year and a half since Border's shooting. And, this time, it was for promoting the film.

Time had really flown by, I still couldn't realize my very first movie with Sid was going to come out in precisely 3 weeks and a half. I couldn't be more excited to finally show our hard work and chemistry on-screen to the world, which had been waiting for years to see us roped in a film together.

Dharma Productions had decided to release Border on Netflix to the government's advices and considering the severe country health situation. Cinemas had reopened, but it would be a huge loss of money if Border had a theatrical release, knowing people would be hesitant to come to cinemas because of the virus' spread.

For sure, it was disappointing, but there was nothing to do against it. It was the best possible decision to make.

At first, Sid had been acting like a spoilt child, aggressive and quiet. He had been very disappointed with the producer's decision. He would be really snappy and antipathetic the whole time which had been unbearable. Then after a while, he had come with the thing.

Netflix had unveiled Border's trailer five days ago, and overall we'd got amazing reviews. We hadn't expected such love and hype around the film. People had been praising our pair, our chemistry, the story, the cinematography.

The film's trailer, which had created a buzz on the Internet, had also entered a milestone of 20 million views within 24 hours of the release. The whole cast was ecstatic, on a cloud nine.

Sid and I had got a few promotional events ahead of us in Patiala where the film was mostly shot and in Mumbai.

Before kicking start the film promotions, we'd had a discussion about the privateness of our relationship, and we'd come out with the decision to keep things quiet in public and on social media.

We were on the same page about this topic, we shared the same opinions and feelings about this, and it was pretty cool.

We were dating for almost a year and a half and we hadn't really made any public appearance together yet, apart from airport splash heading for vacations, stolen birthday pictures, shots taken by paparazzi at each other's residences.

Our choice was to keep our relationship very private, lowkey, only wanting to be acknowledged for our professional life, our work. All it mattered to us was that our respective families knew about our couple, as for the rest we didn't care much.