CHAPTER 7. WE'RE GOING TO BE FRIENDS

Shraddha P.O.V

It was the very first time that Karan Johar contacted me for a film produced by himself. I got extremely interested when I read the script. It was a sensitive story that changed a lot compared to all those basic romantic films. I wanted to play a mature role, something that I had never experimented before.

I reached Dharma's office where Karan and Shakun Batra were waiting for me. I hugged them friendly then took a seat in front of them.

"Well ... I really appreciated the script." I said, adjusting my ponytail.

"I'm glad you did, I thought straightaway of you for this role." Shakun told, smiling a bit.

"And, it will be your first Dharma's movie." Karan pointed out, taking out a pen.

"Of course, yes. What about the leading actor ? You already have an idea ?" Shakun and KJo both looked at each other, embarrassed. They were definitely hiding something from me. Definitely. I could feel it as soon as I entered the office. The atmosphere was quite bizarre.

"Actually, we ..." Shakun trailed off.

"We both thought of Aditya for the leading role." Karan blurted out, waiting for my reaction.

Time stopped at this moment, it was like everything stood still. I could feel anger raising in me, I could feel disgust exploding in my body.

"Excuse me ? What ?" I bit my lip, trying to control my anger.

"It's been two years, Shraddha. You need to forget about all this story and focuse on your career. It's just a film, nothing more. Once the shooting will be finished, you both will take different ways. How do you think Shahid and Kareena worked together after their break up ?" KJo sighed, upset.

"I don't care, Karan. That's a no. Bye." I got up and left the office. Karan's words were still echoing in my mind. That was just a film, nothing more.

Sidharth P.O.V

It was time for work out. Sports was really a passion since I was a child. I praticed some when I was a teen, from Cricket, Rugby, Boxe, to Football. I had even been the captain of my Delhi football club for 5 years. It had been so long, yet it seemed like only yesterday.

I started to make a few warm-up exercises, then some hard exercises like Dumbell Thruster, Arms Kettlebell Press or Prisoner Get Ups. Genuinely, my favourite so far was definitely Deadlift. This one was apparently the hardest ever, but I liked to surpass myself. After 15 minutes of warm-up, I started my usual workout.

"Do you train for the Olympic Games ?" Kriti said teasingly, entering the gym.

"I will easily win, so I don't want to go." I joked, ruffling my sweaty hair. She giggled and playfully glared at me.

"Can I join you ?" She asked. She was really charming.

"Sure." I nodded. She took off her jacket and put her towel on the bench. She was dressed in a sport top and a tight pants. Okay, Sid, control. "Well ... Do you know the Burpees's exercise ?"

"Of course, I do." She shrugged.

"Great, I thought you didn't know because most of the girls hate doing this exercise."

"I am not "most of the girls", you will know that a bit later." Miss Sanon smirked, tilting her head to the side. Woah, I smirked back then turned around, as she followed me.

"Shall we start ?" I asked, waving my hand in front of her.

"Uh ... Yeah, come on."

I started to do a demonstration of the Burpees for my partner, she was really focused on me.