CHAPTER 9. A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

ALIA P.O.V

I was still in the town, Mumbai, getting on with work. I had few important contracts to sign up and reading sessions waiting for me today. Mohit Suri called me at his office to discuss about a potential sequel of Aashiqui. He told me that he had "crazy new ideas" for the film and even a small hint about the title. Something like Aashiqui 3 : True Love Never Have Ending. Or, Aashiqui 3 : An Ardent Fiercy Love Story. It sounded good, I trusted Mohit's judgement.

I had hoped for many years to be roped in the sequel of this iconic film, and it was finally happening. I was getting really excited. But, I was wondering how we could replace such an amazing pair as Shraddha and Aditya. I was wondering who could be the male actor opposite me. Vicky and me would be incredible, I thought. He was fine looking, tall and very good actor. I knew we could have an intense chemistry together. Or, maybe Sid ? I would be glad to make a third film with him, after our debut movie Student Of The Year, and Kapoor & Sons. Even Shahid and me would be a great pair for the sequel.

I sighed, scrolling through Instagram. I saw many filming pictures of my colleagues, Katrina, Ranveer, Shraddha and so on. It seemed like I was the only one still in the town, everybody was shooting for their respective projects.

I was getting bored as hell with all that meetings and stuff, I really wanted to go back filming. I honestly didn't know how I managed to attend meetings all the time.

I got out of the car and entered Varun's building. As I was on a break, I decided to go over his place to give him back his favorite t-shirt that he had lent me. He had just returned back from Sui Dhaaga's shooting in Modinagar, so it had been around 2 weeks since we had seen each other.

I rang at the door and he directly opened it, letting me in. I gasped a bit, as my eyes landed on his long messy hair and sad face with shadows under his tired eyes. Saying I was worried about him would be a understatement, I felt right away that something was going wrong with him. I just felt it, I knew it. I knew Varun Dhawan's every inch of mind. He was my best friend. It gave me a knock in the stomach, seeing him in a bad mood.

"Hey VD, this is a "flash" visit. I'm just coming over to give you back your t-shirt." I smiled, pointing at his fav tee in my other hand. He just nodded and took the clothing out of my hand, my smile quickly faded away.

"Thank you. You want to drink something?" Varun asked monotonously, walking towards his open kitchen.

"No, thank you. Um, are you okay? You look a bit down." I said, following him.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. When do you have to get at Mohit's office?" He changed the topic right away.

"In 1 hour and a half, maybe." I shrugged. He nodded once again, I looked up to watch his noticeable sad expressions. And this guy was still trying to make me think he was all okay? Joke.

I leaned against the countertop and crossed my arms across my chest. He gave me a quizzical look and went to sit on the couch, watching some series on TV. Something was wrong, and I was pretty sure it was about Natasha.

I was feeling really guilty, maybe Natasha found that Varun and I were too close? I could understand that Natasha felt some type of jealousy and insecurity towards our friendship. She was maybe afraid that I took her place in Varun's life, but I didn't even want to.

"That's a lie, you are not fine. So now, what's going on? What's wrong, Varun?" I questioned, really worried about his actual state.

"You are at my home, okay? You have no any right on me! So if I'm telling you I'm good, that means I'm goddam good! I don't wanna any interrogation, the door is open if you wanna leave!" He snapped, pointing at the door.