CHAPTER 13. SUCKER

SHRADDHA P.O.V

Voice mail #1: Hey Shraddha Kapoor! It's me, Dhairya Karwa, I really hope you remember me (laughs). If you don't remember me ... Well, I'm the hottie you've met at Shakun Batra's birthday bash. Wooow, I sound pretentious, don't I? Actually, I said "hottie" because you kinda called me this at the party. You said "Mr Hottie, I'd be glad to have your number." I remember this, but I guess you don't, because you ignore all my calls! Call me back if you want, take care!

Voice mail #2: Hey Shraddha! Well, I'm not gonna lie, I always get your voicemail nowadays (giggles). And, it frustrates me a bit. Not in the bad way, I mean... I really wanted to talk to you, but I guess, you're very busy, right? Um ... Call me back whenever you can, okay?

Voice mail #3: Hello Shraddha! It's Dhairya Karwa. I guess you don't remember me because you never called me back. So, I'm gonna quit calling you and I'm sorry if I acted like a stalker. It's just that... I really wanted to catch you and learn to know you a bit more but anyway... Bye and take care!

I was listening to the numerous messages that Dhairya left on my voicemail, nervously tapping my fingers on my legs. I was feeling guilty as ever. I was feeling like a monster. I was feeling like the meanest girl ever. I hadn't returned any of his texts and calls since our first meet, which meant roughly 4 months and a half.

The last time we met was indeed at Shakun's birthday bash, and he tried to reach me for that much time. To be honest, I had been overwhelmed with work for these 4 months and I've had to manage my priorities, dismissing less urgent stuff and focusing on what seemed to me important, my professional life.

It was not that I didn't like Dhairya or anything, because I did and the thought of being with him made my heart flutter. Of course, I liked him a lot. I found him super hot, and I hadn't felt this way about a guy since a real long time.

When we first met, I'd immediately gotten butterflies and shivers down my spine. I'd immediately gotten a "slight crush" on him. Correction: A huge crush. To tell the truth, I'd experienced love at first sight for the first time.

Something had been so special about this man. Maybe his nice talking and subtle flirting? Dhairya was my Mr. Right: tall, dark-haired, charismatic, good dressing style, nice smile, sexy body. He totally fit to my standards. Maybe too much? I hate myself, I'm overthinking.

After Shakun's birthday party, I'd wanted to call Dhairya the next morning, but again my mind had ruined everything. I'd questioned myself, and upshot I'd realized that I wasn't ready for a new relationship at all. I had a lot on my plate right now, and my priority was only my work.

Love and stuff weren't my cup of tea right now, it really could wait. I didn't want to give false hopes to Dhairya, so I had decided to ignore his calls and lay low. Maybe he would just forget about me someday. I know it was a stupid idea.

But now, I was feeling so guilty. I couldn't do that to him, as we both knew there was an undeniable strong feeling between us. Dhairya sounded so desperate in his messages, it broke my heart. He really wanted to meet me, and so did I. But, I was overthinking again.

Why do I always fuck up when I meet a cute guy?

Why am I always so "against love"?

Why do I always refuse to fall in love, and potentially be happy with someone?

After my failed relationship with Aditya, I thought I was just afraid of getting hurt again. This relationship truly had left me in a slight trauma, to say the least. I had felt so torn and broken after what had happened between Adi and I.